Avanti west coast trains

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
Anyone else on their last ever train from Piccadilly to London tomorrow (2035), I wonder if they'll come round with free champagne haha ?

If recent experience of that last Saturday train is anything to go by, they'll be offering free water on hugely over crowded trains again.

I've never understood why they don't put on later trains when either City or united have a late kick off, hopefully the new company will give it some thought.

The trains on Sunday will be exactly the same just with new paint jobs.

Plenty of down trodden rags going home with their tales between their legs on the last trip to Euston then?
I'd hoped for that too, but no sadly, mainly blues unfortunately, a couple of rags (who hadn't been at the game) gloating.

Lots kicking off about no seats or people sat in their seats, a pretty typical "last train" in fact, I was in first class (legitimately) many had paid for first class but then didn't get a seat, and there was no "first class" service.

Apparently they were taking many of their staff to London for the night on their last train, and tried to force people onto the 2015 train to Euston, which was also rammed, clever stuff, and then they put a train on with 2 coaches short of the normal, even the driver came on the tannoy and apologised.

Although it was Virgins "last" train, the trains, and most of the staff will be back working the service again today, just in a different uniform.

I'd hoped for that too, but no sadly, mainly blues unfortunately, a couple of rags (who hadn't been at the game) gloating.

Lots kicking off about no seats or people sat in their seats, a pretty typical "last train" in fact, I was in first class (legitimately) many had paid for first class but then didn't get a seat, and there was no "first class" service.

Apparently they were taking many of their staff to London for the night on their last train, and tried to force people onto the 2015 train to Euston, which was also rammed, clever stuff, and then they put a train on with 2 coaches short of the normal, even the driver came on the tannoy and apologised.

Although it was Virgins "last" train, the trains, and most of the staff will be back working the service again today, just in a different uniform.

good riddance to them by the sounds of it. The Trains in this country are a joke.

good riddance to them by the sounds of it. The Trains in this country are a joke.
Remains to be seen I guess, for the most part I think the Virgin service has been pretty good, certainly I've had little to complain about, though I do think a later service on a Saturday would be good, as every time I've caught that one its been over crowded.

I’m having a Liverpool and Manchester weekend in late January and am looking forwards to seeing any improvements in the service! I imagine prices will go north.

I’m having a Liverpool and Manchester weekend in late January and am looking forwards to seeing any improvements in the service! I imagine prices will go north.

govt controlled.
Going up 2.7% on Jan 2nd.

Virgin lost the franchise due to a pension row.
On the new Transpenine set today going back up north.
Very nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.