Virtual Trading/Trading Games

roaminblue

Now that I have some free time, I've decided to try and learn a bit more about trading stocks and shares. Currently just getting my head around it, I have an incredibly limited knowledge but am just trying to learn a bit more about the fundamentals, and how best to research companies.

From what little understanding I do have, it seems very different to investment decisions. I understand a lot more on instinct/research as opposed to investment ratios and comparisons etc.

Does anyone have any tips on how to research companies? I've spent the last hour or so browsing the internet, but there is so much information out there a little bit of guidance would be appreciated.

Do any of you guys play virtual trading games? If there is an interest, perhaps in the future we could set up a league?

Edit:

MetalBlue is banned from playing ;-)

Edit:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.investopedia.com/university/stocks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.investopedia.com/university/stocks/</a>

/\ Relatively good intro to the basics, for anyone who wants to learn more

Feed-The-Goat said:
If you have alot of spare ££ ask SWP's back, he will take it all off you and give you a tip.

Unfortunately I have zero expendable money, its more just for fun and to learn more about it.

Cheers though mate

I'm in the same boat roamin. Always wished I knew more about how the stocks work.

If you succeed in getting a virtual trading league up and running, then I wouldn't mind getting involved. Like you though, I've got no idea where to start.

SkyBlueFlux said:
I'm in the same boat roamin. Always wished I knew more about how the stocks work.

If you succeed in getting a virtual trading league up and running, then I wouldn't mind getting involved. Like you though, I've got no idea where to start.

ok, cool.

I'll see if there is any interest and perhaps we could set something up in the future. Ive just registered with yahoo finance, just made a few "trades" to see how my gut and basic levels of research goes.

I'm going to spend some time researching it, want me to send you any good links?

How did your exams go matey? and did you get any further with that job you were going for?

Feed-The-Goat said:
roaminblue said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
If you have alot of spare ££ ask SWP's back, he will take it all off you and give you a tip.

Unfortunately I have zero expendable money, its more just for fun and to learn more about it.

Cheers though mate

Don't they usually have some tips etc on youtube you could try?

That's a great shout actually, hadn't even considered youtube cheers mate

Most major online brokers have demo accounts - I'm using cityindex at the moment for my demo and rl accounts.... i used igindex before that and they are good as well. Demo accounts are free to set up, use the exact same platform as rl accounts, you apply the same principals and do the same as with a real accounts except its not your money. Frustratingly, I seem to make much better trades in my demo a/c - probably because the pressure is off and my spread is bigger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.