VISA Help

kp789

I hope someone can advise me.

I am working In america on a H2B Visa which will terminate on the 15th of November. I am of the understanding that there is a 10 day 'grace period' after the termination of my visa, which would mean That I would have to leave on or before the 25th of November. Am I correct in assuming this?

If so and I was wanting to stay for slightly past the 25th of November, how do I go about doing this? and at what cost? My current understanding is that I have to apply to change my H2B to a B2 tourist visa via a I-539 application. I am also of the understanding that this will cost at least $290.

Could someone please clear this up for me I am very confused!!!

kp789 said:

I am working In america on a H2B Visa which will terminate on the 15th of November. I am of the understanding that there is a 10 day 'grace period' after the termination of my visa, which would mean That I would have to leave on or before the 25th of November. Am I correct in assuming this?

If so and I was wanting to stay for slightly past the 25th of November, how do I go about doing this? and at what cost? My current understanding is that I have to apply to change my H2B to a B2 tourist visa via a I-539 application. I am also of the understanding that this will cost at least $290.

Just stay, don't book a return flight, when you want to leave cause a small confutation, they'll deport you and fly you back for free. Thank me latter.

kp789 said:

You'd be better off asking the piss stones in the last chance saloon mate.
*edit* silly me you just have.

Gaylord du Bois said:
kp789 said:

You'd be better off asking the piss stones in the last chance saloon mate.
*edit* silly me you just have.
I hope your not questioning my sage like advice:)

LMAO, did you come to the wrong place :D

I had a H2B many moons ago but the laws have changed somewhat since then. The answers you are looking for might or might not be in here, its the official goverment bollocks anyway -

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/About%20Us/Electronic%20Reading%20Room/Customer%20Service%20Reference%20Guide/Nonimmigrant_Services.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/file ... rvices.pdf</a>

Last time I had a h2b you could apply for a 3 month extension to travel on, this was around 4/5 years ago though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.