Vladimir Weiss

I hate to go back to the comparison but they also said Ronaldo had no end product.

I've seen Weiss make the most outrageous of passes - I have no doubt that the consistency in that department will be brought up to scratch with experience

Ricster said:
davymcfc said:
the boy has pace, unbelievable skill but my problem with him at the moment is the fact he has no end product. i said it before he came on last night and i think he proved my point. if he sorts this out as he gets older then i can see a great great player in the making.

How does he have no end product when he set up a goal with a cross that Robben or Ribery would've been proud of? And also fizzed in a couple of crosses that were similar to the one above. Between the goalkeeper and the defensive line is the best place to put a cross, and its not Vladi's fault if nobody made the run to get on the end of them.

The end product can be improved, i agree, but that comes with experience, but dont knock him, he isn't the finished article yet, but when he is, i cant wait to see what we have.

Agreed.
You just can't teach what this kid has.He has natural pace and movement in the mould of Peter Barnes and dare I say it-tranny.
Great cross for the goal,an even better one at the end just waiting to be tapped in.
Okay,he tried to break the net when clean through but I've seen the best in the world do that aswell.

He's 19...he's only going to get better.

Ricster said:
Apparantly been rampant tonight and will surely shut the blues up that have questioned his potential.

He has the potential to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo and im not kidding.

Discuss
He was immense, absolutely fantastic, he did everything, hes even bulked up and looks a lot stronger on the ball. Good lad Vlad...

London is beutiful, i used to go there for language summer courses (but the alcohol is expensive :) ). From the London clubs i like Chelsea FC but i also like tottenham (and i know that thats rly weird cuz chelsea and tottenham are big rivals). I have also been in wembley (rly big) for the friendly match Slovakia - England (we have lost 0:4 and u might dont know, that there is one big room with photos of english players during a match and everyone got a small Slovakia instead of England on the T-shirts :D
i have been rly impressed by the stadium itself but anyway.. i dont think that stadium with capacity 100 000 is big enough in a city like london with 10 000 000 citizens ( what is 2 times more than all people in Slovakia :) )

and in truth the next World Championship will be probably the 1st ill not support England :)

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfers/scout/

Latest under our scout's gaze is Manchester City winger Vladimir Weiss - recommended by Sky Sports reader Alex Levy.

The scout reports...

Vladimir Weiss is already emerging as a key figure for his national side Slovakia, not unusual you might think. But it is when you consider that he has made just one first-team appearance for his club side Manchester City.

Weiss is an out-and-out winger, at home on either side - but very much right-footed and the side he prefers.

Blessed with searing pace, he has all the other weapons you could wish for a wide-man, with close control, skill and crossing also in his armoury.

Weiss first came to the fore during City's Youth Cup success in 2008 when he starred in their final victory over a very highly-rated Chelsea side.

Weiss was handed his full City debut at the end of last season when he came on in the final game of the campaign against Bolton.

Despite City's huge summer investments, Weiss is still being tipped to make the breakthrough at Eastlands - although with Shaun Wright-Phillips ahead of him, he may find it difficult.

Reminiscent of Arjen Robben in his willingness to run at somebody, he is taller than the Dutchman and, if anything, is slightly more open to getting a cross into the area - probably because he has been schooled that way in England.

His performances in helping Slovakia qualify for the World Cup, particularly his display against Northern Ireland, where he gave Jonny Evans a torrid time, have cemented his reputation as one of Europe's best young wing prospects.

The scout says...

At 19, Weiss can afford to wait for his chance at City - but with his talents he could easily be playing first-team football elsewhere.

His father is coach of Slovakia, so that should help him cement his place at the World Cup, and a good performance in South Africa could force him to look at his options - but City have done a great job with him so far, so no reason to suggest they would not be willing to give him his big break.

The Scout rating...

Shooting: 7 out of 10

Passing: 8 out of 10

Tackling: 6 out of 10

Heading: 6 out of 10

Pace: 9 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current ability: 7 out of 10

Potential ability: 10 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 62/80

Current value: £4million

Potential value: £20million

Watched Weiss against Northern Ireland and he tortured us with his ability to run at defenders with pace and ball control and never looked outta place against some very good defenders, Johnny Evans included. I would definitely give him a full run out at home as he is the sort to lap up the atmosphere but i do hope he learns to use his better options at times. He has often ran himself into bother and he will certainly have to know how to take his fair share of tackles but he definitely has the ability to make a name for himself. I wouldn't add too much pressure on the lad although i think he is progressing very well. If he was at Arsenal i have no doubt he would have played for the 1st team more regulary but then again he isn't thank F**K.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.