Volume of TV ads

bluetonium

It's been known for years that TV channels up the volume when the go to commercial breaks, usually resulting in the dog crapping itself and you reaching for the remote control desperately. Recently I've noticed it to very excessive levels, usually on FX HD (on which channel, I noticed, the voice over for their Homme advert recently changed because everyone thought that it said 'That Feels So Gay rather than 'That Feels So Good' - anyone else see that?) and Channel 4, notably. But they all do it to some extent.

Have tried some of the options on our Sony Bravia telly to balance out the noise but it just doesn't work well at all. Has anyone found a solution to this intrusive problem?

To be honest I'm surprised that the various channels got away with it for so long.

mcfcinprague said:
It happens here in the Czech republic as well - drives us crazy
Same in Ukraine. Oh and duration of the ad blocks on the one channel 20 minutes. Ridiculous.

bluetonium said:
It's been known for years that TV channels up the volume when the go to commercial breaks, usually resulting in the dog crapping itself and you reaching for the remote control desperately. Recently I've noticed it to very excessive levels, usually on FX HD (on which channel, I noticed, the voice over for their Homme advert recently changed because everyone thought that it said 'That Feels So Gay rather than 'That Feels So Good' - anyone else see that?) and Channel 4, notably. But they all do it to some extent.

Have tried some of the options on our Sony Bravia telly to balance out the noise but it just doesn't work well at all. Has anyone found a solution to this intrusive problem?

To be honest I'm surprised that the various channels got away with it for so long.

simple, just hit mute or lower the volume before the ads come up, I know it is tedious and probably annoy you after a while, just as long as you keep the remote in a usual spot you will not have to reach around in panic.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
My mum's TV was ridiculous. She'd have it slightly loud and have her earing aid on..... then the ads would come on and I'd be like
WTF!
Being a fan of a particular beat combo, nothing should frighten you!

same happens on the radio. they deny increasing the volume, instead hide behind a graphic equaliser and increase base and mid-range.
first gadget to offer a solution will be a best seller imo (cue the very unfunny remote remarks) but ffs why do we have to put up with it?

Ads are allowed to be something like 15% louder than the program they're show in, don't get how or why rules like this come about, but there you go.

bluetonium said:

you watch too much tv.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.