VPN/Proxy servers

Thanks for that. You set me on my way. Will do a bit more research now. Not the end of the world if I mess it up but hopefully will be ok. Going to get the nighthawk tomorrow.
If after flashing you can't access the gui you will need to do a reset by powering on whilst holding down the reset button on the back. You'll need a pen or similar as it's recessed.

I'm thinking about buying the Netis WF-2881 for someone, £40 from Korea(gmarket - not sure about shipping costs) the specs are great for the price but only OpenWrt support for now which as I understand it is a bit less user friendly than DD-WRT but has more features, given it's popularity there should be tutorials for most VPNs.
  • 880Mhz Dual Core MediaTek Processor
  • 128MB RAM
  • 128MB FLASH
  • WAN: 10/100/1000Mbps (1 port)
  • LAN: 10/100/1000Mbps (4 ports)
  • WIFI: 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n (300Mbps) / 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac (867Mbps)
  • USB: 3.0 (1 port)
  • 4 external antennas.
That beats the specs on routers almost twice it's price, it should handle multiple devices on your VPN at once across your wifi. I can't exactly recommended it yet as I haven't bought it and set it up(then there's reliability and build quality which is why some prefer to pay more for a trusted known brand) but I thought I'd share it here as some of the routers can be pretty expensive or not up to the task of handling too many devices at once. Might be one to buy if you really want to save money and you're confident you could set it up after reading the guides or know a techie that could.
That is bargain and I'm sure openvpn will run fine.
Openwrt does have a steep learning curve as you will probably need to install via a command line (unless one of the devs has compiled a version which includes openvpn).
If you are reasonably happy with linux/entware package management then you'll save at least £60.

I've just re-joined Now broadband and they've blocked the VPN option in the Epic Browser, I thought that I'd finally get a paid NordVPN service but it won't even allow their website to load. Is this just a Now BB thing or have I missed something?

I've just seen that KickAssTorrents has been closed down, is this just part of a wider clamp down on streaming and VPNs in particular?

I have to use a VPN for work but that's working fine. Any ideas or PMs welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.