W**kers in pubs with kids.

There’s a pub in Beverley in the East Ridings (I forget its name) which has the rules of:
No kids
No dogs
No mobile phones.
If you get your phone out and you are seen you are asked to leave.

How it should be.

Yes you knowing its name is a good sign of it doing well.

There’s a pub in Beverley in the East Ridings (I forget its name) which has the rules of:
No kids
No dogs
No mobile phones.
If you get your phone out and you are seen you are asked to leave.

How it should be.
Its probably owned by Sam Smith (part of the family who founded John Smiths breweries), he's a right obnoxious ****. Thats the rules in all of his pubs and most of them go to the wall and end up being sold for building land.

It's really the fault of the parents, not the kids.

Kids can and do behave if managed correctly. I regularly use a cafe that is often full of kids, but the kids behave and no reasonable person could complain. It's the sort of people who go in, I suppose. The place doesn't seem to attract scrotes, although it welcomes every colour and creed in the area.
Kids and dogs all down to the parents, the problem is that many parents can't control themselves never mind their kids.

Lots of parents when they take their kids dont talk to them, they sit them in a corner with their ipad or let them run rampant whilst they talk to their mates, rather than getting the kids to be part of the group and talk about something they can relate to.

Last edited:
Its probably owned by Sam Smith (part of the family who founded John Smiths breweries), he's a right obnoxious ****. That's the rules in all of his pubs and most of them go to the wall and end up being sold for building land.
Almost definitely, particularly given that Sam Smiths is a Yorkshire brewery. While what you say is true, there's a Smiths pub where I live where all those rules apply and it seems to do very well. If you're after a little oasis of calm away from all the stresses of modern life, it's perfect. That said, the chairman is an eccentric old bastard (and that's being kind). He still drops into his pubs unannounced purely to check that his archaic rules are being applied and has been known to shut premises and sack all the staff on the spot if matters aren't to his liking. In August 2020, after the Cow and Calf pub in Sheffield failed to serve his favourite dessert, Humphrey Smith dismissed the managers and closed it.

Almost definitely, particularly given that Sam Smiths is a Yorkshire brewery. While what you say is true, there's a Smiths pub where I live where all those rules apply and it seems to do very well. If you're after a little oasis of calm away from all the stresses of modern life, it's perfect. That said, the chairman is an eccentric old bastard (and that's being kind). He still drops into his pubs unannounced purely to check that his archaic rules are being applied and has been known to shut premises and sack all the staff on the spot if matters aren't to his liking. In August 2020, after the Cow and Calf pub in Sheffield failed to serve his favourite dessert, Humphrey Smith dismissed the managers and closed it.
We popped into his pub in Beverley for a few scoops in the town after the races one afternoon. It was the busiest pub of the lot.

Its probably owned by Sam Smith (part of the family who founded John Smiths breweries), he's a right obnoxious ****. Thats the rules in all of his pubs and most of them go to the wall and end up being sold for building land.

It’s a strange old policy, at a time when so many pubs are fighting just to stay in business.

I can’t imagine a single person being specifically attracted to a pub by a no phones policy. But they’ll be plenty giving it a swerve.

Sensibly most of them I’ve been in don’t really bother enforcing it, unless someone is screaming down it maybe.

Yep, their pub in Chester has same rules too re phones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.