WADA funded study: 40-60% of athletes are on PEDs; only 1-2% are caught

Are there PEDs that slow time down so it's easier to pass through an oposition defence?

Amphetamines.

Probably the biggest benefits from doping is increased CV fitness and recovery, so I'm sure it would help break down an opposition defence, yes.

Ask KDB or Silva if it's easier to thread the ball through a defence when you're in the 90th minute of your 50th game of the season, or 30 minutes into a game in September, I'm sure you'll hear them say the game is a fuck load easier when you're not absolutely knackered.

Ask Sterling and Sané how tired they are after constantly moving and making run after run hoping to get picked out by a ball through the defence for the breakthrough.

Ask a small player like Bernardo if it's easier to make those passes now after bulking up all season or in August when he was getting pushed off the ball before he could make them.

Pep has said many times this season that the biggest difference from Walker/Danilo/Delph/Mendy over Kolarov/Clichy/Zabaleta/Sagna is their youth and having the energy and fitness to bomb up and down the flank, step inside, make recovery runs - doping would definitely help you do that.

That doesn't mean I think we won the league because we're doping - I feel the need to stress that becuase I'm sure someone will decide that's what I'm saying - but pretending that we wouldn't benefit from it because we're a team full of skillful technique driven players is beyond naive and verging into wilful ignorance.

I've seen threads on doping today on United, Arsenal and now City forums, and it's funny how everyone believes it's happening, but not at their club. If doping is genuinely widespread throughout the game then I don't see why we would be innocent in it while everyone else was dirty.

I don't see a scenario working where it's kept under wraps this long if lets say 10% are dirty - there's too many people involved, too much crossover between teams and players.

The current status quo IMO points to almost everyone doing it or almost no one doing it.

Last edited:
Probably the biggest benefits from doping is increased CV fitness and recovery, so I'm sure it would help break down an opposition defence, yes.

Ask KDB or Silva if it's easier to thread the ball through a defence when you're in the 90th minute of your 50th game of the season, or 30 minutes into a game in September, I'm sure you'll hear them say the game is a fuck load easier when you're not absolutely knackered.

Ask Sterling and Sané how tired they are after constantly moving and making run after run hoping to get picked out by a ball through the defence for the breakthrough.

Ask a small player like Bernardo if it's easier to make those passes now after bulking up all season or in August when he was getting pushed off the ball before he could make them.

Pep has said many times this season that the biggest difference from Walker/Danilo/Delph/Mendy over Kolarov/Clichy/Zabaleta/Sagna is their youth and having the energy and fitness to bomb up and down the flank, step inside, make recovery runs - doping would definitely help you do that.

That doesn't mean I think we won the league because we're doping - I feel the need to stress that becuase I'm sure someone will decide that's what I'm saying - but pretending that we wouldn't benefit from it because we're a team full of skillful technique driven players is beyond naive and verging into wilful ignorance.

I've seen threads on doping today on United, Arsenal and now City forums, and it's funny how everyone believes it's happening, but not at their club. If doping is genuinely widespread throughout the game then I don't see why we would be innocent in it while everyone else was dirty.

If you believe FIFA/UEFA etc. cover up doping, like WADA does, it's because literally everyone does it.
Hey I was only answering my own question.
I don't believe for a second that City players are on drugs. I'd look for teams who have a high number of angry players myself.

As any rag will tell you, City's performance this season is down to PEDS.
IT reminds me of bluemoon forum users three years back . They were all saying Vardy and co were all on PEDs .

Really we citizens can be embarrassing at times YAWN.

Only a fool would think the most monetised, marketable, money-spinning sport in the world was completely drug-free.

Presumably you'd start at the top of this list if you were looking for PED use?

distance-run-table-01.jpg

(from January btw).
Looking at those numbers, it's surprising how similar they are. If you assume 20 games played, the difference per player per game between the top and bottom is less than half a mile per game (out of an average of about 7 miles per player per game). There's also no big jump in the distances between teams - they're pretty evenly distributed throughout the range.

To me, these numbers don't suggest any significant difference in PED use by any team(s). However, comparing top to bottom might indicate the manager's motivational abilities...

IT reminds me of bluemoon forum users three years back . They were all saying Vardy and co were all on PEDs .

Really we citizens can be embarrassing at times YAWN.

Wouldn't say embarrassing. I think some of those Leicester players were doping and I think some of our players do too. As do the rags, Chelsea, and everyone else. Like a poster said above almost everyone is doing it or no one is, and to think football is the only high level sport free from doping is ludicrous in the extreme.

Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks (NBA team), had an interesting idea regarding PED. He insisted that the players are the product and what the league is ultimately selling, so anytime a player gets injured, and even more so a star player, it robs the whole league of its appeal. This is where a regulated PED would come in and help athletes to recover faster from injury. Imagine if Salah or De Bruyne had gotten injured for the whole season, the Premier League's marketability will go down as a whole. Injuries has no positive effect on the sports whatsoever. PED right now is only unfair because only a few gets access/uses it, but if everybody has access to it, surely it'll be more fair.

Wouldn't say embarrassing. I think some of those Leicester players were doping and I think some of our players do too. As do the rags, Chelsea, and everyone else. Like a poster said above almost everyone is doing it or no one is, and to think football is the only high level sport free from doping is ludicrous in the extreme.
like you said .....you think.

Absolutely no basis on any fact........utter,utter nonsense.

like you said .....you think.

Absolutely no basis on any fact........utter,utter nonsense.

You want to believe it's nonsense mate. You can keep your head in the sand if you like. Russia, and entire country, has/had an Olympic state doping program. Cycling; Athletes who passed multiple drug tests, later proven to be doping. There are more examples over many more sports. But football is clean? Give over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.