Wage Comparison

W12

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-31110113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-31110113</a>

It would take me 363 years to earn the same as Sergio.

Are football players worth it.

Yes, otherwise they wouldn't receive what they get. Any business has to pay for the best employees, the fact that the figures are eyewatering to most people is irrelevant.

Ancient Citizen said:
Yes, otherwise they wouldn't receive what they get. Any business has to pay for the best employees, the fact that the figures are eyewatering to most people is irrelevant.

This. Can't stand it when people say they're overpaid. They are in the task, they do compared to say a doctor but as a money making tool they can be worth every penny and a lot more.

Also in before someone tells you, your pay is shit and why are you advertising the fact on Bluemoon.

Ancient Citizen said:

I am not saying that they are not worth it - but the ridiculous level of wages that footballers now get and the fact that many of them seem wankers (not our squad I hasten to add) makes me think twice these days before parting with too much of my hard earned cash. I watched that footballers chav Cheshire wives programme the other day - and it got me thinking someone is probably doing overtime to help pay for a Barca ticket - some of thatpersons money will go directly to buying a housewife a £1000 handbag. It might only be pennies but after I have played for my season ticket I want to contribute as little as possible of my income to football these days as it has become a tax on the working class man.

I love City and this is not an attack on the club at all.

Personal choice.

I am shocked that a person who is probably in the top 5 or 10 players of the most popular spectator sport in the world gets paid much more than me when I do a job that most people could do, if they could be arsed.

worsleyweb said:
Ancient Citizen said:

I am not saying that they are not worth it - but the ridiculous level of wages that footballers now get and the fact that many of them seem wankers (not our squad I hasten to add) makes me think twice these days before parting with too much of my hard earned cash. I watched that footballers chav Cheshire wives programme the other day - and it got me thinking someone is probably doing overtime to help pay for a Barca ticket - some of thatpersons money will go directly to buying a housewife a £1000 handbag. It might only be pennies but after I have played for my season ticket I want to contribute as little as possible of my income to football these days as it has become a tax on the working class man.

Personal choice.

They're paid because of the level of sponsorship, tv rights and all the other money that is pumped into football. There is so much global interest in the sport that is why they are paid so highly. With all due respect what we pay for a ticket etc is peanuts and remember that they're not in the job for that long. Yes what they make in that short time means they don't have to work but still it's not long in the limelight.

If you don't like it then don't bother with it. Just remember that if you're watching on the tv you're still supporting the overall funding of the sport.

It's bonkers how much they are on but there's so much money in the game it's still reasonable.

worsleyweb said:
Ancient Citizen said:

Personal choice.
Football a tax on the working class man?

Only on bluemoon.

Arab Money
> Footballer
>> 45% to UK tax system
>> 55% to Bank Account

Of course Gary Lineker has a different system.

Good luck to them, these are players at the absolute top of their trade.

I'd say the op earns around 40k a year which probably means with a bit of training most people could do his job.

To put it in perspective out of the millions of British people in the world not a single one can do what aguero, ronaldo or messi does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.