Waking up in the wet bit....

BLUEYESTU

Over the past few months I’ve started suffering from night sweats and wake up in the middle of the night wet through and lying in cold wet sheets.
I’m 51 and as some will know from previous posts I suffer from depression and anxiety and had also been hitting the bottle hard. Things are a lot better in life now so it seems weird that this has started but it’s got so bad I have to lie on a towel!

Anyone else gone through this as they’ve hit the 50’s?
And yes before anyone asks - I’m sure it’s just sweat :)

I thought this was about something else. Regarding that I always craftily move my other half on to her side of the bed so that she is left to sleep in the wet part. I'm nice like that.

Regarding you sweating, it might be your body trying to get all the toxins out of your body from boozing, if you are still hitting the drink.

Could be something as silly as drinking hot drinks or spicy food before bedtime or something serious. So I would go see the doctor
I had similar couple of years ago turns out I had a type of glandular fever was a real worry intil I was diagnosed

Good luck

Over the past few months I’ve started suffering from night sweats and wake up in the middle of the night wet through and lying in cold wet sheets.
I’m 51 and as some will know from previous posts I suffer from depression and anxiety and had also been hitting the bottle hard. Things are a lot better in life now so it seems weird that this has started but it’s got so bad I have to lie on a towel!

I suffer from this quite a bit. Even sleeping under the lightest duvet doesn't stop it all together, Mrs Moon's half of the bed has blankets on it as it's too lightweight for her.

Room temperature, what I've eaten, what I've drunk makes no difference. Probably 5/6 times a months my hair/pillow is soaked and a couple of times a month it's the duvet & sheets too.

Been happening from my mid 30's and late 50's now so it's just an occupational hazard of sleeping now.

Make time for an hours walk every evening and stop drinking
The easiest way to do that is by not having any in the house

As @5 Hit Gibbon suggests, I get them if I have been hitting particularly hard or have been away on a bender for a few nights - sometimes feels a bit like a silt (granted I am still a way off 50).........

I suffer from this quite a bit. Even sleeping under the lightest duvet doesn't stop it all together, Mrs Moon's half of the bed has blankets on it as it's too lightweight for her.

Room temperature, what I've eaten, what I've drunk makes no difference. Probably 5/6 times a months my hair/pillow is soaked and a couple of times a month it's the duvet & sheets too.

Been happening from my mid 30's and late 50's now so it's just an occupational hazard of sleeping now.
Yeah come to think of it my pillow was soaking too. I’ve been abstaining from the booze etc too. A trip to the doctors might be in order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.