Walker and Foden are fast (it’s official!)

What records of straight speed miss is acceleration. It’s not so much speed over 100 metres that counts but change of pace.

Sterling, I suspect, has the fastest change of pace at City, if not in the PL while Walker probably has the best straight line speed.

What records of straight speed miss is acceleration. It’s not so much speed over 100 metres that counts but change of pace.

Sterling, I suspect, has the fastest change of pace at City, if not in the PL while Walker probably has the best straight line speed.

It would take about 60 metres without the ball to get up to top speed, and there are very few times that would happen in a game without slowing for some reason. Speed over the first 10 or 20 metres is key.

A Vauxhall Corsa can do 80 mph and more so can a Ferrari but it’s how long it takes to get there. No way Foden or Fred are rapid in any way whatsoever. Crap stats. Walker does have unbelievable acceleration which is what counts.

I'd say Walkers best asset is the acceleration, and better than Sterling, the other day he pushed a ball past the full back, I assumed he'd lose it as it didn't go that far probably 30 yards, but he was still first to the ball and started with a 5 or so yard deficit.

Be interesting to see how many more years Walker has still got in him before his legs start to go. He turned 30 a few months ago so I would think he should be able to maintain current levels for another 2 seasons. Then it's a question of how quickly his physical attributes will start dropping off.

I'd say Walkers best asset is the acceleration, and better than Sterling, the other day he pushed a ball past the full back, I assumed he'd lose it as it didn't go that far probably 30 yards, but he was still first to the ball and started with a 5 or so yard deficit.
That was from a standing start. Impressive even taking into account the defender had to turn. But a covering defender didn’t get there first either.
But what was most impressive was walker chasing a winger who had a 10 or 15 yard start on him. I thought he was going flat out but the turn of pace he showed to catch the player was unbelievable.
It looked effortless more to the point.

That was from a standing start. Impressive even taking into account the defender had to turn. But a covering defender didn’t get there first either.
But what was most impressive was walker chasing a winger who had a 10 or 15 yard start on him. I thought he was going flat out but the turn of pace he showed to catch the player was unbelievable.
It looked effortless more to the point.
Yes he has both pace and acceleration, he's showed it many times in his time with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.