Want to dress modern British

Put a picture of what you want on this site <a class="postlink" href="http://wheretoget.it/browse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wheretoget.it/browse/</a>

I think Mario uses it ;)

Slaters - one of the best high street retailers for price.

Don't carry a lot of ultra trendy stuff and what they do is limited stock but for general gear its pretty good.

All I would say is stick to the well known brands as they can slip some cheap stuff on the shelves and racks and it isn't great.

BlueHubert said:
Try these guys, they have just opened a shop in Manchester and have fantastic product. Bit pricey but this is the sort of quality that should last you a lifetime.

http://www.nigelhallmenswear.com/

I bought a rain coat in the sale, very smart

Great range in there but pricy,

I went in Aubin and Wills too and bought a shirt in their sale.

kippax_blueboy said:
I have just hit 45 and want to start dressing differently.

I like seeing Jack Dee, Jimmy Carr etc, they dress smartly but not over formally.

If any of you out there like to wear suits, trousers, shirts, ties etc please let me know where you buy your clothes from.
I don't want to spend hundreds on clothes just look smarter than i do in jeans, Polo shirts etc.

Same age as my sister. I'd advise M&S for nearly everything.

pauldominic said:
kippax_blueboy said:

I like seeing Jack Dee, Jimmy Carr etc, they dress smartly but not over formally.

If any of you out there like to wear suits, trousers, shirts, ties etc please let me know where you buy your clothes from.
I don't want to spend hundreds on clothes just look smarter than i do in jeans, Polo shirts etc.

Only been in M&S a couple of times in my life, always looks clothes for OAP's to me.

This place is also top quality and fantastic value:)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hawkshead.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hawkshead.com/</a>

I buy pretty much all t-shirts from here ...

kippax_blueboy said:
pauldominic said:
kippax_blueboy said:

Only been in M&S a couple of times in my life, always looks clothes for OAP's to me.

I understand that :)

How about fatface then :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fatface.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fatface.com/</a>

What you have to do, at the age of forty five, is continue the fucking stupid attitude shown to 'fashion' by fuckwit football fans in the eighties (and some today, in some cases).

Become completely and utterly obsessed by the name on a piece of cloth attached to a shit piece of clothing and rub yourself (and your mates) raw over such items at every possible opportunity.

Do every single thing you can to mock people like Gok Wan and other such tossers, but act in exactly the same ridiculous manner as his ilk, with the camp toned down. "Ooooooooohhh, look at my Sergio Tacchini!". You wot?

Spend silly amounts of money on certain brands of clothing, even though you earn a very average wage, when you could get just as good an item of clothing, in fact, probably virtually the exact same item of clothing, for half the price.

Nothing in the world, ever, is sadder than a middle aged man (or even a young man) who has favourite makes of fashion. In fact, the funny thing is that it often results in them looking like the biggest bellends going in the fashion stakes because they will then pretty much wear anything that has a certain brand/comes from a certain shop and will be convinced that it is "smart" - especially because they tend to hang around with other nobs with the same attitudes who will confirm this for them.

In fact, I will go as far as to say that, apart from total scruffs, these people are usually the worst dressed people around as they are more interested in labels than what suits them and often end up looking like an identikit wanker, dressed in stuff that they are told looks good or dressed in clothes that are designed for someone 10 years younger than them.

A man who is concerned about a label or who has a favourite label is almost always a dick.

(Not that the OP suggested that at all, I just fancied a rant)

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
What you have to do, at the age of forty five, is continue the fucking stupid attitude shown to 'fashion' by fuckwit football fans in the eighties (and some today, in some cases).

Become completely and utterly obsessed by the name on a piece of cloth attached to a shit piece of clothing and rub yourself (and your mates) raw over such items at every possible opportunity.

Do every single thing you can to mock people like Gok Wan and other such tossers, but act in exactly the same ridiculous manner as his ilk, with the camp toned down. "Ooooooooohhh, look at my Sergio Tacchini!". You wot?

Spend silly amounts of money on certain brands of clothing, even though you earn a very average wage, when you could get just as good an item of clothing, in fact, probably virtually the exact same item of clothing, for half the price.

Nothing in the world, ever, is sadder than a middle aged man (or even a young man) who has favourite makes of fashion. In fact, the funny thing is that it often results in them looking like the biggest bellends going in the fashion stakes because they will then pretty much wear anything that has a certain brand/comes from a certain shop and will be convinced that it is "smart" - especially because they tend to hang around with other nobs with the same attitudes who will confirm this for them.

In fact, I will go as far as to say that, apart from total scruffs, these people are usually the worst dressed people around as they are more interested in labels than what suits them and often end up looking like an identikit wanker, dressed in stuff that they are told looks good or dressed in clothes that are designed for someone 10 years younger than them.

A man who is concerned about a label or who has a favourite label is almost always a dick.

(Not that the OP suggested that at all, I just fancied a rant)

I am not looking for labels in fact I enjoyed Klein's No Label book.
I want to buy good quality modern Britsh designed clothes. I don't want to spend a fortune, I want the clothes to last a long time and I want to look smart almost formal.
I am bored of the casual look, I have been wearing since the 80's.
Paul Smith, Ben Sherman, Aubin and Wills, Nigel Hall, Oliver Sweeny, John Smedley, Peter Werth are the designers I think I want to look at now.
Not sure what I want to buy yet though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.