**WARNING: SCAMMING ALERT - PLEASE READ**

I've been conned by this arsehole too!! £40 for Stoke tickets, good job I only paid half upfront!!

He gave me a name, DOB and address if anyone is interest? How genuine they details are I don't know, but the bank details seemed to correlate with the name he gave me.

rick.mcfc.40145 said:
I've been conned by this arsehole too!! £40 for Stoke tickets, good job I only paid half upfront!!

He gave me a name, DOB and address if anyone is interest? How genuine they details are I don't know, but the bank details seemed to correlate with the name he gave me.

From my understanding, you only need the sort code and account number to be correct in order to pay money in to a bank account - so the name he gave is probably irrelevant. I'm not sure that the beneficiary bank wouldn't withhold crediting the money because of a query with the name.

People shouldn't have to give their date of birth or address when selling you a spare ticket or two. I'm just so disappointed to learn that we potentially have the same scammer doing this and just hope he is caught asap.

SIMPLE.

Dont send money via bank transfers, your asking for trouble.

Go and meet the person, if they dont turn there is your answer.

The problem is that experienced scammers can make people do things they wouldn't normally do when they're put in a new situation. Add a fan desperate to go to a match and it's in the scammer's favour. I've heard stories of people buying fake tickets or being given an envelope with little more in it than a piece of card.

Got ripped off by Merlin21, little git.
Gouldybob is however a top seller, always keeps contact throughout!

peoffrey said:
The problem is that experienced scammers can make people do things they wouldn't normally do when they're put in a new situation. Add a fan desperate to go to a match and it's in the scammer's favour. I've heard stories of people buying fake tickets or being given an envelope with little more in it than a piece of card.

This!

I have bought tickets off people on here before and even sold some and have mostly always used bank transfers. I was one of the many that was scammed by Merlin21, but that was the first time out of a few transactions that I have.

I have since used bank transfer to buy a Real Madrid ticket from St. Helens Blue (Exiled) and received my ticket in the post this morning. He can be trusted and he asked for bank transfer. If I had of said I didn't want to use bank transfer, I would not be going to Madrid and somebody else who was willing to would be going instead. Again, for those saying meet in person, how is somebody supposed to meet up with a bloke in St. Helens (for example) if they don't drive?

As for a post count limit before they can sell....what is that post count going to be? Merlin21 had over 200 posts (more than me) and going through his post history there was no dodgy ticket threads etc. He had spent time on here pretending to be one of us. How do you stop him doing that again? He is probably already on here with another username, maybe with more than the 200 posts he had as Merlin21.

There is always a risk involved with buying tickets off here, but not everybody should be tarnished with the same brush and you just have to decide if it is worth you taking that risk!

jimmygrimble said:
peoffrey said:

This!

I have bought tickets off people on here before and even sold some and have mostly always used bank transfers. I was one of the many that was scammed by Merlin21, but that was the first time out of a few transactions that I have.

I have since used bank transfer to buy a Real Madrid ticket from St. Helens Blue (Exiled) and received my ticket in the post this morning. He can be trusted and he asked for bank transfer. If I had of said I didn't want to use bank transfer, I would not be going to Madrid and somebody else who was willing to would be going instead. Again, for those saying meet in person, how is somebody supposed to meet up with a bloke in St. Helens (for example) if they don't drive?

As for a post count limit before they can sell....what is that post count going to be? Merlin21 had over 200 posts (more than me) and going through his post history there was no dodgy ticket threads etc. He had spent time on here pretending to be one of us. How do you stop him doing that again? He is probably already on here with another username, maybe with more than the 200 posts he had as Merlin21.

There is always a risk involved with buying tickets off here, but not everybody should be tarnished with the same brush and you just have to decide if it is worth you taking that risk!

It's so sad and annoying that this character goes through such incredible lengths to obtain just a few hundred pounds at best from football fans after tickets. St. Helens is obviously a long established and well known poster so if you're buying from him then you're pretty sure you'll be fine.

If I've got the spare and the person is unable to meet me personally then I'll usually give it to a friend who is able to meet them and swap it like that.

jimmygrimble said:
peoffrey said:

This!

Thanks pal. The only reason I ask for transfer is because of work commitments and it is just easier. The mods know I am 100% legit and would NEVER rip any one off. Enjoy Madrid,only wish it was me...<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:45 pm --<br /><br />
peoffrey said:
jimmygrimble said:
peoffrey said:

This!

It's so sad and annoying that this character goes through such incredible lengths to obtain just a few hundred pounds at best from football fans after tickets. St. Helens is obviously a long established and well known poster so if you're buying from him then you're pretty sure you'll be fine.

If I've got the spare and the person is unable to meet me personally then I'll usually give it to a friend who is able to meet them and swap it like that.

Cheers Peoff-See you in SL2...:-)

I have 2 tickets to sell Ajax and Spurs at home but I am worried about handing over my season card. How do you go about that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.