WARNING: This Thread Should Only be Opened If You Want to Experience Pure Joy

While these are all absolutely brilliant to relive, who in the right mind wanted to watch those last few desperate moments through a phone screen at that time??
I was fucking to busy feeling sick and trying to console my downbeat son while watching through my fingers, never mind film it!!

I know exactly what you mean.

I had our 2 1/2 year-old grandson on my knee, and was doing my best not to let the tension we were all feeling show. I failed miserably.

Mrs Vienna and I swapped seats just before Zaba scored the first, so with about five minutes to go, we did so again.

When Edin scored, I remember thinking, "At least we’ve preserved our unbeaten home record", and at 93:21 pandemonium broke loose. I was trying to hug both the grandson and Mrs Vienna, while taking in the scene at the same time.

Later, Mrs Vienna took a picture of the grandson with one hand gripping the back of his neck, trying to work out what the fuck he had just witnessed.

It turned out to be a brilliant day, but I think everyone in Etihad experienced every emotion possible - and that includes the QPR supporters - on the way.

It turned out Aiden (The American lad at the end) could only find happiness there after by strangling the budgie, kicking fcuk out of the dog, sun lamping the goldfish and shitting in next doors patio heater.

The New York times report that since Pep took over he's back to normal.

I will be honest unless it is brought up in conversation I hardly ever think about it l, I can never even remember the time right and call that lounge at the ground 93:20 or 92:30 regullary.

When I am reminded though I remember one of the best days and the celebrations after.

Sergio's goal was officially the Greatest. Moment. Ever.

Scary thought is that (until Pep arrived) that QPR game was statistically the most one-sided game* in the history of English top-flight football (since stats began) ...
... and yet we so nearly didn't win it !

Possession: 81.4% - 18.6%
Crosses: 66 - 2
Shots: 44 - 3
Corners: 19 - 0
Passes: 711 - 164
Etc

This is my favourite video as it catches the moment as we all felt it, utter utter joy and happiness.
For those of us who were lucky enough to be in the ground that day ( even though we deserved it for the amount of years we have stuck by them) like myself that was the next best way to see the game with a pub full of blues.
Still think that day and the way it panned out was written in the stars for all the years of misery we had to endure, well and truly worth the wait though.
Winning it last year is a close second especially after Vinnies stunner but that day will never be bettered I don’t think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.