Warnock

I found yesterday a little OTT, but not egregiously so. You’d have to be made of stone to not feel some emotion when you look at the lad’s social media photos in the lead up to his death. So full of hope and joy. His body’s still not been found and he died in a way that many of us truly fear. Those factors will all have heightened fans’ emotions; so some outpouring was probably inevitable.

I guess it’s just symbolic of the age we live in. Public grief is now lauded, whereas sixty or so years ago it was discouraged and even frowned upon. Incredible social change, which inevitably has its good and bad points.
Excellent post.

I couldnt understand the very public grieving. The manager had probably never met him and the fans had never heard of him until last week, yet you'd have thought he was a club legend yesterday evening
Yeah that's both untrue and unfair. He had met him and spoken to him repeatedly in convincing him to come to the club. He understandably is struggling with the fact that his decision to sign him and convince him to come to the club has inadvertently led to the lads death, of course he is emotional about that. It's not his fault, he probably knows it's not his fault, but of course he's struggling with it and it's pretty shitty to have a go at him for it

Warnock is an absolute toss bag but to have a go at him for showing any sort of grief is utterly ridiculous.

He's inadvertently responsible for this lads death and he will know it and think about it every day of his life. Huge thing to have to carry with you for the rest of your life.

I found yesterday a little OTT, but not egregiously so. You’d have to be made of stone to not feel some emotion when you look at the lad’s social media photos in the lead up to his death. So full of hope and joy. His body’s still not been found and he died in a way that many of us truly fear. Those factors will all have heightened fans’ emotions; so some outpouring was probably inevitable.

I guess it’s just symbolic of the age we live in. Public grief is now lauded, whereas sixty or so years ago it was discouraged and even frowned upon. Incredible social change, which inevitably has its good and bad points.

Gordon you sometimes seem to enjoy poking a straw in the lions ear but this post gets to the point, yes some of the grieving is ott but its a family matter and so RIP.

Warnock is an absolute toss bag but to have a go at him for showing any sort of grief is utterly ridiculous.

He's inadvertently responsible for this lads death and he will know it and think about it every day of his life. Huge thing to have to carry with you for the rest of your life.
What the actual fuck are u going on about you loon?

Agreed.the incident has simply played upon one of my biggest fears-i only fly if i really have too...reading the deceased players commemts just before the crash was difficult...I get the grief exhibited by cardiff and Warnock...for travel by plane is such an intrinsic part of modern professional football. .whole thing very sad...i dont mind admitting i totally ignored it at first; not due to hard heartedness,but a feeling of not wanting to add to my phobia....but it draws you in ..i can fully understand cardiff lads not wanting to fly again/at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.