Was Alan Ball as bad as people remember?

Alan Ball !

He was literally the only manager City have hired whom I (and almost every other City fan) knew would be a disaster from Day One.

He'd proven himself a simply terrible manager at Portsmouth (relegated), Stoke (sacked on way to worst ever finish) & Blackpool (sacked on way to relegation).

Came to City, ripped the squad and team spirit apart, and (surprise, surprise) we were also relegated.

Only got the job as he was an old school chum of Frannie Lee's ... and he disliked any player who was taller than him, which didn't leave many options.

Even post-relegation he wasn't sacked ... *he* chose to leave *us* ... and Lee tried to persuade him to stay !

What a club we were back in those dark dark days.

Quite simply our worst manager ever.

Stoke away (which I think was our first away of our season in Div 2, a 2-1 loss) is the only time I have heard both sets of fans giving shit to same manager. Stoke fans hated him more than us.

In Pep's first season, he had a team in transition and what a transformation he produced.

He replaced a popular Hart with a clown like Bravo and ended the season trophyless. Ederson was then brought in. Whilst it’s worked, Pep got away with that one because he was Pep. It was his worst season as a manager.

He replaced a popular Hart with a clown like Bravo and ended the season trophyless. Ederson was then brought in. Whilst it’s worked, Pep got away with that one because he was Pep. It was his worst season as a manager.
I think the subsequent career of Hart shows the first statement to be rubbish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.