Was there a Secret Female Pope?

Would have made a great Monty Python film - The bird that would be Pope.

I can see a scene now where the bishops are blaming each other for not checking she had bollocks before ordaining.

She's not the Pontiff, she's a very naughty girl!
Bishop 1: The pontiff is off on one today. Saying something about having the painters in.Do we really need more of those artistic bastards in the Vatican? Can't move 5 yards in here without someone painting their interpretation of God around here. Although it is funny when they paint his son the wrong colour...

What I've learned from all of my years of watching TV and movies is that people in the olden days couldn't tell the difference between a man and a woman, and all a woman had to do was cut her hair short and wear men's clothes and she'd be accepted as a woman.

I'm playing Assassin's Creed 4 at the moment (£4 on sale) and there's a character that's quite clearly a woman (looks like one, voiced by one) who you're expected to believe is a man until the big and not at all surprising reveal halfway through the story.

I remember hearing (on QI, I think) that they used to hold the pope aloft on a chair so that they could check he had testicles. I think it's bollocks though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.