Washing Machine installation question

RightTurnClyde

To try and cut a long story short I ordered a new machine from currys last weekend. Paid for the installation fee thinking I'd make things easy for myself. Bloke delivers the machine first thing yesterday morning, looks under the sink and tells me he can't install the machine because I need to first purchase an isolation valve. Tells me to go to B+Q, pick up valve and he'll be back this morning to sort it out. I'm thinking he's not going to show.

The old machine used both the Hot and cold water valves, but the new one only uses the cold water. Can I not just turn the hot water valve off, disconnect the hot water pipe from the machine, temporally turn off the cold water valve, hook up the pipe from the new machine to the cold water valve, turn cold water valve back on?

Not overly confident when it comes to plumbing matters. Thought I'd see if anybody else has any suggestions before I do a Frank Spencer and flood my kitchen out.

Cheers.

Ring currys up and tell the cunts you want what you paid for.

I bet they didn't tell you they wont do this that or tother when taking your fucking money?

Installation means just that, install the fucking thing so its working.

Cunts.

blueinsa said:
Ring currys up and tell the c**ts you want what you paid for.

I bet they didn't tell you they wont do this that or tother when taking your fucking money?

Installation means just that, install the fucking thing so its working.

c**ts.

Ha! I already did that yesterday pal. The young chappy on the phone told me he'd have an installation crew in to do the job this morning. Again, no show. To his credit what he has done instead is he's somehow managed to order me another new washing machine that's now going to be delivered on wednesday. Just had the email notification. Brilliant!

york away to this! said:
...sounds like you've been taken to the cleaners...

Feels like it. I think I'll just be more Bold and do the job myself. These things happen in the retail world so not the end of the world. I won't take it too Persilnal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.