Waspi Women

Wow, some women haters in this thread , but i didnt get it so they cant , grow up
Well believe it or not my mum was a woman.
I've been married to the same woman for almost 43 years,and been with her for 45 years.
And I have 3 grown up daughters who I am led to believe are also women.
It's the self entitled Waspi women who I am not very keen on.

The issue was around notice and communication. In terms of notice they seem to be claiming 23 years is too little but 24 years is okay, but the ones on 15 year on that basis would get the most and the ones in March 1960 getting next to nothing.

In regards to communication, some of the women quoted were in public sector pensions where your retirement age is clear, and when stakeholder pensions came in under G. Brown as compulsory in around 2000, you tended to get projections with your retirement age on. I think it would be the minority that didn't know of the changes or didn't read anything. The DWP probably thought it is all over the news and was such a controversial hot topic that they wouldn't have to promote it, but that was found not to be the case by the ombudsman.

Whilst hey are in line for compensation for lack of publicity (not written to direct early enough and reminded) the ombudsman only deals with mal-administration cases and not the legality of the raising of the pension age, but some are suggested it shouldn't be raised for them, wanting full payment for years it was raised, but any born 6th April 1960 onwards, it is completely fine for them as it is the tax year. Cloud cuckoo land.

Well believe it or not my mum was a woman.
I've been married to the same woman for almost 43 years,and been with her for 45 years.
And I have 3 grown up daughters who I am led to believe are also women.
It's the self entitled Waspi women who I am not very keen on.

That’s the thing with equality campaigners, a lot of the time they don’t actually want equality, they want their turn to put their thumb on the scales.

But I’m a middle class white man so I’m not allowed an opinion on the matter.

How much do you think they should get Kaz?

Do you not think some of the women in the article on the BBC come across as particularly entitled?

Also where will the money realistically come from if all the "WASPI" women were to get a 5 figure sum? Probably by squeezing disability benefits for people like yourself, who are in far greater need.

Should the state pension go up again to pay for large payouts of these women who are already receiving their pensions?

I don't have an issue with the small payouts recommended by the report this week btw. But the huge payouts they are demanding aren't viable and wouldn't be fair.

This is a far greater injustice for instance.

Some women may be, I have two sisters who are both in the same category neither have said anything since this was announced. Yes, in the past have probably had a little moan about it, especially when they hit 60 but they still carried on working, but so did I and I still have a moan, particularly on an off day or when I’m not feeling great. There are always going to be ones will the loudest voices gets heard it doesn’t matter what agenda.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if the government of the day should have done something like I had suggested like adding a note to P60‘s of everyone continually, as I said in my earlier post then this may not have happened.

It has been costed that for every £1000 paid it will cost £3.9 billion. I don’t recall any Government writing to me to tell me how every change in Government policy will affect me personally. A blanket compensation scheme means the current and future generations of workers will have to pay which is very unfair. There is also The Equality Act to consider. We are all equal now and if they backdate claims for females as sure as night follows day there will be a class action by males who want equality. It works both ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.