Wasting money on expensive items

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
Just seen an advert on here for watches some of which are nearly £50k! I just don’t get it at all. What’s the point to it? Not just watches, it goes for other stupidly expensive items like cars, jewellery or even handbags! Can someone explain why you need a £50k watch.

Just seen an advert on here for watches some of which are nearly £50k! I just don’t get it at all. What’s the point to it? Not just watches, it goes for other stupidly expensive items like cars, jewellery or even handbags! Can someone explain why you need a £50k watch.
Because you are a flash ****?

Perhaps, having worked hard all your life, building up your business, growing your profits through clever financial decisions and being successful you have decided to treat yourself.
If we all had the same bland, mass produced stuff, what a boring world it would be.

A watch came up on my social media the other day and i thought 'oooohhh that looks nice' so clicked on it and had a look thinking maybe 1/2k max. £64,000 it was. I think im not their target market and now my social media is flooded with super expensive watches ill never be able to afford. I do like watches and if i could afford one i'd happily pay a few thousand for one, but 64k on a watch is premier league type money.

If you earn 20 grand a year, you won't be buying a £50k watch, but if you earn 20 million a year then £50k is such a small fraction of your income that you just might (if you've run out of other things to buy). The watch industry knows this and is happy to cater for both ends of the market. That, for instance, is why the high end Swiss watch manufacturers launched the Swatch brand in the 80s so that they didn't lose out on the former group.

I would suggest because you like the item and as long as you can afford it why not.

13 years ago I got a serious illness that doctors were struggling to get to grips with. I started finishing jobs around the house because I thought I might shortly be dead. When I realised I wasn`t going to die I treated myself to a Breitling Navitimer.

Still have it today and still love the look. Well worth the money.

People who buy stuff on credit now, that is a waste of money.

I'm on the waiting list for a Rolex Daytona and if I ever get offered one (they tend to look after their regulars) i'll snap it up for £10,200... They sell for around £25,000 for the base model so it's a cast iron "investment"

If I do get one (ordered black) i'll immediately put my name down for a white one too

Perhaps, having worked hard all your life, building up your business, growing your profits through clever financial decisions and being successful you have decided to treat yourself.
If we all had the same bland, mass produced stuff, what a boring world it would be.

Is that you Donald?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.