Watch out Glastonbury

SBD

COULD Manchester be on the verge of staging its own annual Glastonbury- style pop festival?

Big hitters in the Manchester music scene are already in secret talks to establish the inaugural music festival next summer and are confident that the event could become a regular feature on the calendar to rival the Carling Festival in Reading and Leeds, the V Festival in Stafford and Chelmsford, and T In The Park in Scotland.

Although discussions are still at a very early stage, my spies tell me that a think-tank of locally-based music industry movers and shakers are formulating plans for an open-air event and are looking at a range of sites, including Heaton Park, as the potential venue for a two-day music bash.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... lastonbury

it will be overun with scallies chavs wronguns and unorganised thugs.

even d percussion had an uneasy feel about it when you wandered about with certain well known gangs prominently 'throwing their guns' and that was an area in size pretty controllable for the police and security.

Sorry to put a dampener on it, i wouldnt be too enthused about it.

Didnt they have something in heaton park years ago when the crowd went potty and threw bottle/allsorts at each other and the acts on stage?

I love this city, but sometimes i despair.

i know central london does certain festivals and such, i just think up here it will be doomed from the off.

and part of the fun is the 7 drive and entry to glastonbury.

tin hat on.

Deeply Vale is a nice Glastonbury type spot for a festival!!!

imagine seeing the Mondays, durutti column, de la soul, electronic, the fall and many more in Heaton park for a 2 day festival.

'Top dollar- headliners baby'

Fair comment from dancingsilverback imo.

The atmosphere of general scumbags at dpercussion last year was a big disapointment for me. Plenty of nobs around.

It was something like a couple of quid to get in yet you had hundreds of scallies ripping down massive metal fences to get in and loads of, as he puts it, wronguns, hanging round in an attempt to look hard.

Of course, plenty of normal people around outnumbering them but not what it's all about.

I also seem to remember something going off at Heaton Park a couple of years back (can't remember what it was though).

I have never bothered with festivals like T In The Park, as everyone I know who has been, including those from Glasgow and Edinburgh, reports that it's a complete chavfest (don't like that word, but it'll do) with a good percentage there just looking for trouble.

No reason to think it would be any different here.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I have never bothered with festivals like T In The Park, as everyone I know who has been, including those from Glasgow and Edinburgh, reports that it's a complete chavfest (don't like that word, but it'll do) with a good percentage there just looking for trouble.

No reason to think it would be any different here.

Sorry but have to disagree, you might get the odd few punters out looking for trouble but no more than you do ao a normal Sat night out and tbh in all my years of going to T I personally haven't witnessed any violence. I find that the majority of the folk that go are there for the music and a good weekend out and in fact the age spectrum of people that go range from mid teens to 50's. You have to remember that the organisors have to keep a tight ship as the lisence to run the event has to be given by the council/police etc every year.

I would love it if Manchester got this off the ground, I would be interested in going as an alternative to T, just for a change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.