Watching game in town

It’s been utter garbage watching the game in town my last 3 times. The first was Real Madrid home leg, as others have said Oyster bar was refusing entry to all city fans but to be honest the atmosphere in general was shite. Compare it to an away game in a European city centre and its x10 better.

Second time was Willy’s heroics in the final. Was in Sawyers Arms on Deansgate and there was loads of southern reds in there with rag tops on supporting Liverpool wtf?

Other time I was in Mary Ds for the Derby when the scum beat us 1 -0 and the atmosphere was shit tbh, as well as the overpriced piss they serve.

I would say for town avoid Sawers arms, Burton arms, and The Nags Head, rat infested.

Any more thoughts on Mary D's? I've never been in when City aren't at home.

Interested to hear there's often mither in town. Never seen it in Middleton and there's about a 50/50 split in my new home of Failsworth. We all know each other.

I was in there for the 6-1 and although my memory is hazy I remember it being busy

We took the sawyer arms at the last blue moon meet up. Now officially a blue pub. Prestwich blue and Manchester the knife took out all the rags top boys.

The rest just ran when they saw us.

Quite a few pubs city fans will be in numbers, courtyard off Oxford rd, walkabout in print works, Waldorf Piccadilly, shack, Tibet st tavern

I don't use any of those. You'll find me in The Bricklayers, Last Orders or The Willow. Older crowds and we all know each other.

The regulars are adamant there's no trouble.

Willow is where my mates still in Failsworth/Newton Heath go .... seen a few derbies in there, and was usually just the one rag who is a regular, and not a dick ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.