Watching Hughes on SSN worries me

Rammy Blue said:
biffa said:
OK, I'll try and explain what happened again for you...
Hughes brought Sturridge in from the left to play alongside Caiceido at half time
When Hamann came on, he told Elano to play more advanced (thumbs up from Elano - he understood)
The Forest right back got the ball and went upfield without anyone tracking back
Sturridge got annoyed with Elano for not going with the right back
But Elano was only following orders and argument started
Hughes sat on his arse and didn't know what to do
Elano was brought back to his original position so he could look after runs from the right back
Sturridge was now happy.
The fans and the press couldn't quite believe what they were seeing.

Thanks Biffa, saved me typing it ;o) - i sit in good spot to have seen what was going on and you summarized it perfectly.

the element that confused me was that Hughes had told Elano to play behind the strikers, elano and studge have a slanging match, then when elano goes over to hughes to clarify it looked to me as if hughes was saying "no worries, just get on with the game" and then elano goes and plays left midfield.......so pretty much implying that studge decides the tactics and positions!!!!

bizarre to say the least.
I listened on GMR, it sounds like hughes told Elano to move forward, Elano did and told Sturridge to go left, Sturridge refused then both went to the bench, hughes offered no resolution - fantastic management.

I must admit I did not see them signal or shout to Sturridge, unless they told Elano to tell him? It was all a bit Bizarre to be seeing that whilst play was going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.