Watching sport in Ultra HD

Certainly pops out more and you can tell the difference

However with how TV upscales so well the difference isn’t as big as it would be previously

Can anyone recommend what to look out for in an HDMI cable, quality wise. I have ordered an OLED tv with amp and Dolby atmos system. they tried to sell me an HDMI cable but it just seemed ridiculously expensive so I thought I would get one off amazon or something. Needs to be good enough for 4K. Thanks

I have a 130inch projector screen and a true 4K projector and cannot tell much of a difference between sky HD and UHD.
I think it’s more to do with the cameras used at the source than it is what we have in our homes.

Wildlife documentaries are shot with 8k cameras now. They’d look superb on top quality teles. But I don’t think sports have particularly hi-tech cameras at live events so they don’t look particularly special on decent teles.

I used to manage installations of TV’s into Ladbrokes bookmakers and sell TV’s to other bookmakers. We operated out of Pear Mill in Stockport, we had a “graveyard” of faulty LCD (going back a few years ago) tellies and by far the least reliable at the time were LG. The most popular and reliable were Sharpe, Sony and Panasonic. Looking on here, LG seems to be very popular and up there with the top brands, I’m thinking of getting an OLED, I know nothing about modern TV’s, what’s the opinion on LG’s these days?

Can anyone recommend what to look out for in an HDMI cable, quality wise. I have ordered an OLED tv with amp and Dolby atmos system. they tried to sell me an HDMI cable but it just seemed ridiculously expensive so I thought I would get one off amazon or something. Needs to be good enough for 4K. Thanks

Something like this mate, remember if it’s over 7ft run you need to go fibre as the signal doesn’t carry past that. Make sure it’s 2.2 compliant as well for future use.

For me, the jump from HD to UHD is analogous to that of SD to HD back in the day - more so with HDR or Dolby Vision but it's remarkable and much like back in the day with the advent of 1080p HD it is merely a question of available content. Netflix, Amazon Prime and many cable channels now being broadcast in UHD

Stunning even to watch some Youtube videos in UHD

I used to manage installations of TV’s into Ladbrokes bookmakers and sell TV’s to other bookmakers. We operated out of Pear Mill in Stockport, we had a “graveyard” of faulty LCD (going back a few years ago) tellies and by far the least reliable at the time were LG. The most popular and reliable were Sharpe, Sony and Panasonic. Looking on here, LG seems to be very popular and up there with the top brands, I’m thinking of getting an OLED, I know nothing about modern TV’s, what’s the opinion on LG’s these days?

I love it, in particular the OS which I find trumps the competition - the magic remote is the best I've had. OLED were pioneered by LG so presumably they had the leg up on competitors but perhaps others will soon close that gap

i was the same until my most recent (3 Bravia in a row) which has the android software. Not as keen on it although Picture is still very good. My sons LG shades it though imo.

Agree.

Im at the point of thinking i want an OLED set and Android will not be on my shopping list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.