Watching Wolves-Arsenal (Latest 0-4). City MILES behind.

Re: Watching Wolves-Arsenal (HT 0-3). City MILES behind.

Project said:
The irony being this is an Arsenal side that has taken Wenger 4 years to build, after their own period of transition following the breakup of the invincibles and Abramovichs money. When fans were calling up the phone ins saying they've had enough of the manager, the board stuck by him. Despite finishing miles behind the race for the title last year, the board stuck by him.

Its very much easier to support a manager who has maintained top 4 status with very little money.

Imagine if we had got Wenger and gave him £200mill + to work with!

Project said:
Dubai Blue said:
Thing is, I'd trust Arsene Wenger with 4 years of our time. Give 4 years to Hughes and I doubt we'd be any better off. The man simply isn't up to it.

I don't think you know enough to be able to make that call. I certainly don't. But i'm prepared to give him at least a full season with his squad to find out.
I do and I've seen enough, to be honest. His tactics and substitutions baffle me on a weekly basis.

Cheltblue said:
Project said:
The irony being this is an Arsenal side that has taken Wenger 4 years to build, after their own period of transition following the breakup of the invincibles and Abramovichs money. When fans were calling up the phone ins saying they've had enough of the manager, the board stuck by him. Despite finishing miles behind the race for the title last year, the board stuck by him.

Its very much easier to support a manager who has maintained top 4 status with very little money.

Imagine if we had got Wenger and gave him £200mill + to work with!

Once you are in the top 4 it's much easier to stay there than it is to break into it. Wenger has done an absolutely amazing job and his eye for a player is second to none. But this idea that you can spend £200M from being a midtable side and expect to be instantly challenging for the title is ludicrous.

Dubai Blue said:
Project said:
I don't think you know enough to be able to make that call. I certainly don't. But i'm prepared to give him at least a full season with his squad to find out.
I do and I've seen enough, to be honest. His tactics and substitutions baffle me on a weekly basis.

You sound just like an Arsenal supporter. I'm serious.

Project said:
Dubai Blue said:

I really couldn't give a shit what you think about me to be honest. I'm serious.

Dubai Blue said:
Project said:
I really couldn't give a shit what you think about me to be honest. I'm serious.

Excellent retort.

Altogether missing the point though. For 4 years Arsenal fans have questioned Wengers signings (and lack of), his tactics and his substitutions.

Project said:
Dubai Blue said:

Excellent retort.

Altogether missing the point though. For 4 years Arsenal fans have questioned Wengers signings (and lack of), his tactics and his substitutions.
You're the one telling me I don't know what I'm on about. You assume that cos some twats on 606 questioned Wenger that every Arsenal fan felt that way. They didn't, and I know that cos a few of my mates are season ticket holders there. As I said, I'd trust Wenger to sort it out given time. However, I don't trust Hughes to do the same; I simply haven't seen ANYTHING from him that suggests he's even close to being capable of licking Arsene Wenger's shoes.

Project said:
Dubai Blue said:

Excellent retort.

You're missing the point! During Arsenal so called demise they've NEVER been out of the top 4 and have reached a Champions League Final! We however look nowhere near top 4 class - Hughes will NEVER be in the same league as Wenger FACT!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.