Water coming into my garage

better dead than red

I live in a terraced house, in the middle, not on an end. We have a garage that takes a portion of the ground floor of the home.

Yesterday, morning I went into the garage. It has rained hard and the wind blew all night. In the ceiling corner by the garage outer door, and on the floor below it we're large wet/water spots.

There is a downspout that runs down the wall on the outside near where the water spots are. Moreover, there's a hairline crack in the brick and mortar basically directly outside where the water marks are.

My question is, a general contractor is likely the right person to call out to assess this issue? Yeah I'm awful with this kind of stuff. Thanks, Blues.

Yes I am. I'm guessing I should contact my insurance company.
Word if warning on that from my experience. Being a useless twat I dont know anything about maintenance and repair issues and so after a leak I had a few years ago I rang the insurance company just to have them come round and check it all out to make sure all was correct and no major damage done. Advice only really, since I pay for them I thought I would use their expertise. Didnt claim a penny, thanked them for their help and thought no more of it until renewal time when I was slammed for my 'attempted claim'. Cheeky fuckers.

Word if warning on that from my experience. Being a useless twat I dont know anything about maintenance and repair issues and so after a leak I had a few years ago I rang the insurance company just to have them come round and check it all out to make sure all was correct and no major damage done. Advice only really, since I pay for them I thought I would use their expertise. Didnt claim a penny, thanked them for their help and thought no more of it until renewal time when I was slammed for my 'attempted claim'. Cheeky fuckers.
Thank you for this. Spoke about calling insurance with my wife. I'm having a contractor come around today to see what he says and what the price will be to fix it. If his cost is below my deductable, or not too far off it, I'll skip the insurance call. I'd prefer not to have them increase my rates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.