Water meters?

Get Pollock On

United utilities are tapping (pun) me up to have a water meter , does anyone have any advice about these ?
There's only 2 of us , so I don't think we'd use any more water than Mr& Mrs average , so do they usually work out to be the cheaper option ?

It depends on what you pay at the moment. You can't lose out though, because if your bill with a meter is more than your current bill, you can revert to paying by the old method. UU has a guaranteed lowest bill policy, as far as I am aware.

The average bill for a family of two in 2019/20 will be £464.51 with a water meter (United Utilities).

It saved me £300 a year going to a meter. the house is a 4 bed with garden (I don't water it often though) 3 kids and 2 adults. Shower every morning and the kids have a bath every night. Still saved me a ton of money

Most people will save with a meter unless they're very wasteful with water, keen gardeners are probably the least likely to save much if they use hosepipes or sprinklers frequently.

Well we pay £68 a month at the moment for the two of us in a 3 bed Semi .. don't think we use an excessive amount, both shower , loo a few times ,washer and washing up ,no dishwasher, don't water the garden much in the summer, might jet wash the drive and patio once a year, can't see that being over excessive.
But doesn't look like I'm going to save much ,if any ???

We have a meter 2 adults a child 3 showers a day plus the usual washing, toilets etc plus the mrs and the child leave the water running whilst they do 2 minutes of brushing their teeth twice a day!!!!. Fill a 30000 litre pool each may and average £45 a month on the meter.

Well we pay £68 a month at the moment for the two of us in a 3 bed Semi .. don't think we use an excessive amount, both shower , loo a few times ,washer and washing up ,no dishwasher, don't water the garden much in the summer, might jet wash the drive and patio once a year, can't see that being over excessive.
But doesn't look like I'm going to save much ,if any ???
Why is that? I live on my own and my bill went from £55 a month to £20 a month after going on a meter, so for two adults I'd be surprised if you couldn't save at least £250 a year.

Why is that? I live on my own and my bill went from £55 a month to £20 a month after going on a meter, so for two adults I'd be surprised if you couldn't save at least £250 a year.
This ^^. My mum pays £24 a month on a meter, living alone, with my sister visiting for part of the year, and occasional other visitors.

I work at UU, and would always recommend someone in your position to try a meter. Don't forget you can always go back to your existing method of charge if your charges go up with a meter. You have 2 years to make this assessment and decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.