Watford (A) Post-Match Thread

He did make up for it, not anymore though. Silva was genuinely great up to November 2018, nearly 20 months ago. Since then he has had moments here and there, mostly against rubbish teams. Foden should have played more this season. And Bernardo too.
Totally disagree. He never hangs onto the ball too long - sees the pass before anyone else, goes past players, tenacious in the tackle.

Totally disagree. He never hangs onto the ball too long - sees the pass before anyone else, goes past players, tenacious in the tackle.
People seem to confuse slow at running with slowing the play down.

Silva is definitely slow at running. But his speed of thought is so good, his pass selection is so good, his touch is so good, that he controls the tempo.

Gundogan is not only slow at running, but he's slow in his speed of thought and he so often chooses the safe, square ball that it completely slows us down.

Rodri isn't very fast at running, but at least his first thought is a forward pass, unlike Gundogan. I think Rodri will end up having a great next season.

People seem to confuse slow at running with slowing the play down.

Silva is definitely slow at running. But his speed of thought is so good, his pass selection is so good, his touch is so good, that he controls the tempo.

Gundogan is not only slow at running, but he's slow in his speed of thought and he so often chooses the safe, square ball that it completely slows us down.

Rodri isn't very fast at running, but at least his first thought is a forward pass, unlike Gundogan. I think Rodri will end up having a great next season.

I am always surprised at how much stick Rodri gets on here. I think he has had an excellent first season.

He did make up for it, not anymore though. Silva was genuinely great up to November 2018, nearly 20 months ago. Since then he has had moments here and there, mostly against rubbish teams. Foden should have played more this season. And Bernardo too.
A fair appraisal. It hurts and feels disloyal to say apart from some cameos against lesser opponents David effectively passed his best before date in late 2018.

It's more about what Silva offers off the ball these days, not about what he offers on the ball. Off the ball he is the weakest link in the team now. It's easy to go through our midfield when he plays. Even Bournemouth created many chances against us. Unsurprisingly, virtually none on here was willing to link our defensive weaknesses with his presence in the team, same against Arsenal or Manure, it's always about someone else: Gundy, Rodri, Stones, Zinch, even Pep's tactics. But rarely about David (or Kun). Which is kinda normal because of their legendary status. Both David and Sergio deserve special treatment from the manager and our fans.

Last edited:
Nice one. Double R. At games this season I have been shouting "well done Len or come on Lennie." Nobody knew what I was talking about.Len Cantello starred for West Brom in the 70/80s. Think he was a Manchester lad together with Tony Brown. Would make a good thread.
[

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.