Watford (A) Post-Match Thread

Why does Pep take strikers off when they have scored twice and on for a hat trick? It is so annoying, Sterling looked really up for it and was our best player. He must have been really pee’d off.
It’s nothing unique to Pep; Bobby used to do it all the time.

His ability at receiving the ball in tight areas and also letting it come across his body is Gascoigne level.
Exactly what I've been saying for some time. The stand out player by some distance from the Grealish, Mount, Sancho, Maddison under 25 group of English midfield players - actually comfortably in the world elite of young players. He's monumental now with many years of improvement left. Scoring for fun from midfield.

And what I also love about Phil is the way he talks about the amazing stuff David and Kevin are doing, then steps on the pitch, takes a 40 yard ball on the chest, juggles it, lays it off, breezes past three defenders, lays it off, arrives in the box and scores.

Why does Pep take strikers off when they have scored twice and on for a hat trick? It is so annoying, Sterling looked really up for it and was our best player. He must have been really pee’d off.
Yes, it would seem sensible to leave them on, on the basis that they'd be itching to score again. Trying that bit harder.
Rather puzzling. But Pep must have his reasons.
But please, no more pens from Raheem.

People seem to confuse slow at running with slowing the play down.

Silva is definitely slow at running.
Makes you wonder what people actually watch, David doesn't have to run, he reads the game so well.

He's been great since the restart (apart from the semi final), but I'm of the opinion that he's right to leave now, in a slower league he will still be world class.

And what I also love about Phil is the way he talks about the amazing stuff David and Kevin are doing, then steps on the pitch, takes a 40 yard ball on the chest, juggles it, lays it off, breezes past three defenders, lays it off, arrives in the box and scores.
Humility. A personality trait that will stand him in good stead for the journey he has ahead of him.

Not many, if any players of his age in world football are playing in 3-4 different positions & producing the end product he has since the restart, he looked half a yard quicker than everyone in terms of his thinking against the dippers, the ceiling is high, very high for this lad, just like the emergence of Havertz, Felix etc Phil will be part of the new wave of talent looking to replace Messi & Ronaldo, hopefully Puma will be looking at him as an asset which at least stops silly stories like the Raz/Adidas/Madrid BS
He will be captain of MCFC and England one day.

You're expecting some new number 9 to score 100 goals in 89 games ?
Good luck with that.
I think 60 from Gabriel is bloody good.
Sick of some city fans slagging of our brilliant young players publically.
They’ve been brainwashed by the media narratives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.