Watford (A) Post-Match Thread

People always talk about the time it takes for a new player to settle in the PL. I think it's important for us all to remember that both Cancelo and Rodri are in their first seasons at City. I think they both have a lot of talent.

What to do with Jesus. Technically he’s as gifted as you’d expect a Brazilian international to be. Awareness wise he’s woefully inadequate a la Huckerby.
Really like him as a player, seems a top bloke too the sort we employ under Pep. ( Walker & Stones aside :) )
Could he be re-invented in another position?
Nobody will ever replace Sergio so the lads on a hiding to nothing there.
I just think that Pep still has plans for him.
For me I think he could drop deeper, take the pressure off him as an out and out striker. Link up type perhaps?
The lad is an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.
I just have a nagging feeling that he’ll leave and suddenly find his way.
For me he’s Dzeko + ( and I fekkin loved him)
I am just an old git these days and enjoying the ride what do I know?

No Mendy. No Gundogan. Foden starting. Much better.
If we are being honest, Gundogan's absence or presence wasn't relevant. He and Rodri are pretty similar. What was relevant was starting Foden Jesus and Sterling up front. 3 energetic guys. And partnering Kev with Bernado. Which also improves the energy in the middle.

So in reality, it's the absence of Dave and Mahrez ( 2 low energy players) that increased our pressure, which invariably makes it easier on our defenders and keeps our attack quicker.

Cancelo was also a significant upgrade on leftback. Which is a shame considering he isn't a natural one :(

Record aggregate for a Premier League season.

Both Blackburn ('95/96) and Spurs '09/10) scored 12, against Forest and Wigan respectively, but also conceded one.

It equals Arsenal's top-flight record from 1947/48, when they scored 12 against Grimsby.

Actually I think from that close I don't like these to be penalties.
He already had his arm there while falling and nearly has any reaction time.

Problem is, some clubs regularly get em. You know which ones. Dog knows too.
I didn’t think it was handball either.

I would have been extremely pissed off if that had been given against us.

I've binned off virgin so have to watch the football on either a stream, the BBC, Prime or Pick..

Got in from work at 6.01pm, logged on the laptop, found a stream and watched the game..

Signal kept dropping out, picture freezing, lagging, commentary out of sinc or a pop up that when you closed, directed you to a site full of attractive ladies with big jugs..

All a bit tricky when the wife is hovering around to be honest..

Anyway, managed to get through the game, why didn't we find this performance at the weekend..?

Had to nip out to Morrisons after the game..

Thought I'd just check on Pick to see if the Villa v Arsenal game was on and our game was just going off... ffs..!

Cancelo left back for Madrid.
Unfortunately I think you'll find we just played Watford who barely strung 2 passes together in their own half never mind down our left hand side. Hardly a test for Cancelo. As Geoff Boycott would say "my Grandma could have played left back against that lot"

Unfortunately I think you'll find we just played Watford who barely strung 2 passes together in their own half never mind down our left hand side. Hardly a test for Cancelo. As Geoff Boycott would say "my Grandma could have played left back against that lot"
He offers more than Mendy or Zin going forward. Tries to pick a pass or put in a decent cross rather than blasting it into the box and hoping.

Defining moment for me was when he lost possession and sprinted 40 yards to win the ball back. First time this season I've seen that from our left back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.