Watford (A) - Post-Match Thread

Yeh I agree with your point about the opposition.

But it’s something I’ve noticed recently where if the opposition make a mistake, particularly in midfield, say they slip over and give the ball away, instead of exploiting that man advantage and hitting them quickly on the break, we’ll go backwards and start again.

Pep’s obviously cautious about us piling forward in those situations and leaving ourselves vulnerable to a counter. But it can be a frustrating / boring watch at times.
I think this only happens when we've got the lead. It's game management. If anyone is accusing City of being boring they need to look at what the opposition are doing. Personally love it watching my team showing off their technical ability and footballing nous while trying to work openings for another goal.
I think it's great when we've moved the ball around for 10 / 20 plus passes and our opponents think there's nothing happening. All of a sudden one ours makes a run or one theirs switches off and we've worked an opening.
What I find boring is an opposition GK taking a couple of minutes to take a goal kick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.