Watford Away pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They play 4-4-2, it should suit us. I'd actually like to see us match them in formation. Dinho and Yaya in midfield, Navas on the right then either Sterling on the left and Bony and Aguero upfront or KDB on the left with Sterling and Aguero upfront. Silva on the bench for this one, to come on later and offer us more control.

I'd rest KdB and put Silva in for him, rest I agree with this ...

Both Arsenal and Leicester would have won their games by then though so pressure will be on us ... Both have home games and play Newcastle and Bournemouth respectively, on paper home bankers but you never know ... ideally they both lose or at least draw and we go and win ours would be the perfect start to the new year and the second half of the season!

Pellers has to solve this away form dilemma. After watching a replay of the Leicester game it was clear that we controlled large parts of the game. However what I think we aren't doing is playing the away games at pace. We need to work harder in these games off the ball, and definitely move the ball more quickly. I also think we were hampered because Kun takes so many games to get up to speed after an injury. I know it's never going to happen under Pellers, but I think Kelechi is a very good option because of his movement off the ball. Stylistically I think he suits our game much more than Bony because of that movement. I would much rather bring on Kelechi ahead of Bony after Kun goes off in the 60th minute.

Our margin for error is getting thinner, so I would say this is a must win game. I think we will win, but Watford have been a surprise packet this season and we are going to have to rise to the occasion.

Pellers has to solve this away form dilemma. After watching a replay of the Leicester game it was clear that we controlled large parts of the game. However what I think we aren't doing is playing the away games at pace. We need to work harder in these games off the ball, and definitely move the ball more quickly. I also think we were hampered because Kun takes so many games to get up to speed after an injury. I know it's never going to happen under Pellers, but I think Kelechi is a very good option because of his movement off the ball. Stylistically I think he suits our game much more than Bony because of that movement. I would much rather bring on Kelechi ahead of Bony after Kun goes off in the 60th minute.

Our margin for error is getting thinner, so I would say this is a must win game. I think we will win, but Watford have been a surprise packet this season and we are going to have to rise to the occasion.

Something i touched on in the pellegrini thread. Not looking to slag Bony off here, i'm actually a fan of his, he's just the most obvious example. He has his pecking order and his subs pre-planned he never takes into account how the game pans out or any weaknesses the opposition may have. kelechi suits the role Aguero plays for us infinitely better than Bony does and should always start ahead of Bony if that's the way we want to play. But Bony is second in line to start and that's not going to change. The way he's misused Bony all season in that he's asking him to do the same thing Aguero does shows his tactical nous is virtually non-existent. If Bony is playing you need to alter the game slightly and play to his strengths to get the best from him.

With every passing game i become more and more convinced he's keegan in disguise. The only thing stopping me being sure it's him is the fact we can't actually seem to score or play attractive football despite him constantly harping on about how he always tries to attack.

More on topic, controlling the game against Leicester was never going to be an issue, Leicester's entire gameplan is based around them not having control of the game, So i don't think we can take anything away from having the kind of possession we had in most games when we won the league.

You're right, this is absolutely a must win game, Regardless of Watfords current run, anything less than 3 points is a disaster. People will still claim we're in the mix but will people keep saying that until it's mathematically wrong? If we don't win against Watford we don't play away in the league again until West Ham at the end of January, by which time it will have been 4 months since we last won away in the league. I don't see how any team can go 4 months without winning away and still win the title.

I think we need to take the risk this time and have Kun and Sterling up front. Let's not forget that watford defends very well.

Hart
Zabaleta Otamendi Mangala Clichy
Yaya Toure Fernandinho
De Bruyne Sterling Silva
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.