Watford Away pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-0 and the start of our run that will see us win the league again.

Happy New year to all Blues on here and a big fat fuck you to the lurking rags.

Indeed it's money time! Would be difficult catching up with Le Arse on current form when they're six points up.

Put it this way with Sanchez, Wiltshire and Cazola coming back and them likely to make a couple of good signings I can't see them losing more than 1 or 2 games before we get them at the end of the season. It really is an important game. We can't go on dropping points away from home and expect to take the title not this year. The likes of Liverpool and spurs will be breathing down our necks just waiting for any opportunities.

Put it this way with Sanchez, Wiltshire and Cazola coming back and them likely to make a couple of good signings I can't see them losing more than 1 or 2 games before we get them at the end of the season. It really is an important game. We can't go on dropping points away from home and expect to take the title not this year. The likes of Liverpool and spurs will be breathing down our necks just waiting for any opportunities.

This is the key thing. Arsenal have had injuries much worse than us, they're almost at the stage now where some of their big players will be coming back and Wenger will have the chance to improve in the areas his team is weak during the window. Everybody is relying on us improving based on previous season's but i fully expect Arsenal to improve too. We can't afford to drop points to them anymore, we won't get many more chances to catch up. I think we need to find an extra 10 points at least on top of the points haul for the first half of the season if we want to win the league. therefore, I'd say we can afford just 1-2 loses and a handful of draws this season. Watford away isn't one of them when we've got to go to the likes of Stamford Bridge and Anfield and have to host Arsenal, rags, Spurs etc.

4-4-2:
Hart
Sagna - Otamendi - Mangala - Kolorov
Dinho - Delph
Silva De Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

Let Fernandinho come up to the edge of the box in attack, and let Delph's workrate run the midfield
Subs:
- Toure to get some more bossing in the midfield later and to score that late goal
- Kelechi because he needs more than injury time action
- Zabaleta because we will still need to figure out how to keep the ball out of our own net

1 or 2 games? Try looking at their next 5 fixtures and it looks like 3 or 4 just in those where they'll drop points ...

If worry more about Spurs consistency and coming right behind us than Arsenal staying anywhere up there. Come the end of the season, they'd be right where they always are ... 4th!

And no, they won't be signing many in January, lol, short memories some here have or they're buying into what's media is selling them! It's Liverpool all over again from two years ago!

I can see back to back clean sheets for us and a 2-0 win. Watford seem solid at home but I think with more luck in front of goal than at Leicester we'll win this. We've already kept one of the best form strikers down, I have faith in us to keep Ighalo quiet also.

I'd love to see Delph and Clichy start as Kolarov was awful on Tuesday and Silva wasn't great. Would rather have Toure, Delph & Fernandinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.