Watford Away

Hypothetically, if over the next few years City actually sell a large amount of corporate seats to fans, there may come a point where between the corporate fans being allowed first dibs on tickets and the corporate partners taking their freebies, there's no away tickets at all left for the rest of us. It may take a few years but if it ever gets to that point what the hell does the club do then.

Just for clarity it would be great if the club could just release the proposition of tickets that get sold to Supporters Clubs, Corporate and the Loyalty Points scheme. Its the lack of insight which is turning the fans against the club with regards to how they are being treated.

What also grinds my gears is that our Chairman specifically said they'd improve the relationship of our core fan base and I've seen nothing to suggest that is being done. I don't want to see Vincent Kompany having a cup of tea with an old city fan on Youtube I want real a fan/club relationship that will benefit the club commercially and help create the atmosphere us fans really want at the Etihad.

Just for clarity it would be great if the club could just release the proposition of tickets that get sold to Supporters Clubs, Corporate and the Loyalty Points scheme. Its the lack of insight which is turning the fans against the club with regards to how they are being treated.

What also grinds my gears is that our Chairman specifically said they'd improve the relationship of our core fan base and I've seen nothing to suggest that is being done. I don't want to see Vincent Kompany having a cup of tea with an old city fan on Youtube I want real a fan/club relationship that will benefit the club commercially and help create the atmosphere us fans really want at the Etihad.

Nail on the head. Maybe a one off surprise visit to a fan who never goes but then shit on regular away fans reducing the loyalty point allocated tickets slowly whilst hoping no one notices.

Joes paying the extra grand set to wipe out away allocations to loyalty points. Thanks Danny.

The £30 aways has led to a surge in demand for aways and so has the expansion in the corporate areas (with away priority at the Etihad). I like the £30 tickets but it's making tickets harder to get.

Going to go out on a bit of a limb here.

We all cried out for the above - the trouble is it makes it "easier" for people to points whore.
People used to think twice about £60+ for Arsenal if they weren't going to go. These days - and I stress it's for those with the available funds - £30 to retain your position on the list is all they care about.
We do need the club to be far more open with the way they're allocating tickets though.

Hypothetically, if over the next few years City actually sell a large amount of corporate seats to fans, there may come a point where between the corporate fans being allowed first dibs on tickets and the corporate partners taking their freebies, there's no away tickets at all left for the rest of us. It may take a few years but if it ever gets to that point what the hell does the club do then.

They'll be making a decent amount of money if that happens, and so why would they give a f*ck?

Pretty ashamed City are doing what they're doing with regards to our core fan base. It's killing the clubs soul in my opinion.

The £30 aways has led to a surge in demand for aways and so has the expansion in the corporate areas (with away priority at the Etihad). I like the £30 tickets but it's making tickets harder to get.

We all cried out for the above - the trouble is it makes it "easier" for people to points whore.
People used to think twice about £60+ for Arsenal if they weren't going to go. These days - and I stress it's for those with the available funds - £30 to retain your position on the list is all they care about.
We do need the club to be far more open with the way they're allocating tickets though.
The old points whore stuff is getting corny now.
How do random 'points whores' get together to ensure they can pass two rows of seats on to tourists who support the opposition, like at Cheslea in March?

Good post John

The big reductions in points needed for European aways when ID checks were introduced shows that points whoring is a singnificant factor. As did the turn out for the last game at Upton Park where we saw a lot of faces that hadn't been seen at London aways for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.