Watford Man of the match

Vote for MoTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sterling is the obvious one and for a hatrick he should be. However I thought he wasn't that great first half. I thought Gundo was brilliant so went for him.

He who is at the pinnacle of the table.

Not just for the three goals, but his all-round attacking play had the Watford defenders occupied the entire time he was on the pitch.

Aguero just because I want to give him a shout, for the tireless and selfless work he is now putting in for the team. Not quite happening for him in front of goal — the header should really have been in, and he knew it. But this is a man who never goes long periods without scoring goals. Not worried about that aspect of his game. It's the other aspects that I want to applaud here.

Dont think any one player was outstanding , but Bernardo get my vote he must have covered every blade of grass , hope he puts his feet up today , we need him to chase them Germans on Tuesday.

Voted Sterling because his goals won us the game, but agree that he was unusually poor in the first half. That said the whole team were for the first 45 minutes.

I think in the first half we seemed un balanced, bernado seemed to play more on the right hand side whilst sterling playing inside on the left and almost playing Zin as a left winger. We probably could of done with the balance of Sterling on the right and Leroy on the left with the 2 Silvas inside.

Sterling’s 15 minute cameo was certainly eye-catching, headlining stuff but overall Gundogan. Nice to see that he’s winning over a few people on here with his recent good performances. But I’m sure that will soon change - probably in the next couple of games.

He was poor in the first half (wasn't alone in that), but for me he was often slow to react, poor movement, poor passing, and kept losing out in tackles, kept running into blind alleys, but at least he wasn't anonymous like the fella on the other wing.

Not sure what Mahrez has got to do in the eyes of some on here?

He had a more than decent game, similar to the majority. Another assist and he looked more confident within the team imo.

Exactly right. First half was one of his poorest 45 minutes this season (and he was still better than Mahrez). Turned it round somewhat in the 2nd half, but for a better full game contribution, including a trademark slide rule pass that set up no.3, I’ve gone for Spanish Dave. Other than those two, there weren’t many contenders really. Gundogan maybe?

Dave got an excellent assist but he also played a very good pass to Mahrez that was a crucial part of the second goal. He certainly had a more consistent game that Raz and was influential on the goals - think he played the ball to Sergio in the build to the first too. This would be a very good time for Dave to find his best form.

Gundogan had a good game too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.