Watford mid 80's

Samsdad

Can someone confirm we played watford 3 times in the mid 80`s in the same week or am i going mental lol

Think it was a cup thing and the replay was tuesday night at their ground,they had to toss a coin at the end of the game to decide where it would be replayed again think it was replayed on the thursday down at their ground ?

Also did the same happen with Ar5enal aswell ,seem to remember playing them 3 times same week twice at highbury ?

Re: Watford mid 80`s

Thought replay was postponed due to weather then re arranged for couple of days later?

Samsdad said:
Can someone confirm we played watford 3 times in the mid 80`s in the same week or am i going mental lol

Think it was a cup thing and the replay was tuesday night at their ground,they had to toss a coin at the end of the game to decide where it would be replayed again think it was replayed on the thursday down at their ground ?

Also did the same happen with Ar5enal aswell ,seem to remember playing them 3 times same week twice at highbury ?

Yep, if that's you Tim, you were there with me!

Can anyone confirm that the replay at Maine Road was played in a snowstorm, and I have a vivid memory of Mark Lillis being chased by a dog that ran onto the pitch....

MaineRoadBlue said:
Samsdad said:

Yep, if that's you Tim, you were there with me!

Not tim im afraid

Thanks for the replys glad you all confirmed it

The driver of our van got arrested for running on the pitch when we were warming up and scoring then taking the applause from us,had to wait for a couple of hours after the game as no one knew where he was taken,next minute comes strolling round the corner as if nowt had happened the git lol

I went to all three games. Just checked on the Blue Moon History and the dates were

25/01/1986 Watford H FAC 1-1
03/02/1986 Watford A FAC 0-0e
06/02/1986 Watford H FAC 1-3

Think Mark Lillis scored in the first game. And I'm pretty sure John Barnes destroyed us in the third one.

Sort of related...

We played Middlesborough 4 times one season - League Home, League Away, FA Cup and League Cup and lost every single one.

Bernie fuckin' Slaven.

Fuckin hate Boro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.