Watford sign Bergkamp's and Pochettino's sons

You could start the makings of a half decent team of City players whose dads were footballers:

Kasper Schmeichel
Frank Lampard
Peter Barnes
Nicky Summerbee (could even include his dad Mike at a stretch)
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Leroy Sane

I’m sure there will be some I’ve forgotten. A bit forward-heavy but struggling to remember any defenders.
Hopefully a certain Norwegian striker to add to that this summer
Should I mention Nigel Clough?

Interesting, I thought Docherty only made it to the reserves but apparently made 8 first team appearances in 1976

A little quirk is that Mick Docherty played only that handful of games for us and two were in derby matches against the team managed by his father. We sold him to Sunderland, where he did reasonably well until injury ended his career 3 or 4 years later - albeit he played for them mainly in the old second division.

My memory of him is that he didn't look good enough for a team of the quality we were back then. But if we'd had a team of the pedigree we had for much of the subsequent 30-odd years, he'd probably have been one of the better players! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.