Watford Thread - sacked Bilic replaced by Wilder

Hodgson epitomises everything that is wrong with English football. A serial failure who has never produced any quality wherever he has been. The media keeps pushing these dinosaurs.

That’s not actually true. He was very successful in Sweden with Malmo and was a very influential figure in Scandinavian/Nordic football history.

Last edited:
After going there he might not have a long pension though. I think he's utterly mad taking the job at 74.
Fully agree that at 74 he should be calling it a day. On the other hand he strikes me as a sensible bloke and he may be viewing it as easy money bearing in mind the Owners' track record. Early pay-off when they inevitably sack him in a few months time.

With regard to Watford and there is no disrespect intended, it is no use in going for a progressive coach at the moment.
Steering away from relegation is their main objective and I guess Woy was a likely choice as he managed to keep Palace up for several seasons. Once the ship has been steadied, the club need to cast their net for a promisingly better manager

Really do not think Roy Hodgson needs that agro of managing a club anymore

Last edited:
Hodgson is the sixth manager they’ve had since they last kept a clean sheet in the league apparently

That can’t be true!

Edit: Do they mean Premier League only?
He's the 5th manager they've had since their last premier League cleansheet, which was when they beat Liverpool 3-0 (their last cleansheet in the prem). They did have a 6th but he only managed while they were in the championship, so you can't really count him.

He's the 5th manager they've had since their last premier League cleansheet, which was when they beat Liverpool 3-0 (their last cleansheet in the prem). They did have a 6th but he only managed while they were in the championship, so you can't really count him.
Thanks, it‘s still a mad stat as it’s been under 2 years and one was spent in the championship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.