Wayne Bridge

kippaxchris

So glad hes gone as in my opinion he was the worst player i have seen in a City shirt and he is obviously a money grabber. He stayed at City and let his huge wages run out which is fair enough but he went on loan to teams like Sunderland, West Ham & Brighton when he could have lowered his wages and signed for a big club like Celtic and played Champions league football against Barcelona and Juventus then to top it off he has clearly turned Brighton down and joined Reading who have just received a lot of money from Premier League relegation for money! He was in no way worth £12 Million or the 90k a week we gave him for 4 years and i have honestly never been happier to see a player leave our club.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
In no way is he even close to the worse player to ever play for us

Danny Mills by a country mile.

But to the OP let me ask, your employer offers you X amount per week on a 5 year contract beyond your wildest dreams. You accept.
After 18 months your employer realises you need replacing but you can only find work else where for a lot less. Would you take the vast reduction and go elsewhere or say ''I have a 5 year contract at X amount regardless if you want me or not?''

I know which one I would do!

kippaxchris said:
So glad hes gone as in my opinion he was the worst player i have seen in a City shirt and he is obviously a money grabber. He stayed at City and let his huge wages run out which is fair enough but he went on loan to teams like Sunderland, West Ham & Brighton when he could have lowered his wages and signed for a big club like Celtic and played Champions league football against Barcelona and Juventus then to top it off he has clearly turned Brighton down and joined Reading who have just received a lot of money from Premier League relegation for money! He was in no way worth £12 Million or the 90k a week we gave him for 4 years and i have honestly never been happier to see a player leave our club.

Clearly you haven't or didn't see the likes of Lee Bradbury, Ged Brannan or Tony Grant to name but 3.....

He certainly wasn't the worst city player ever. That is a tad harsh. He had many good games for us!<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:30 pm --<br /><br />
Big Ernst said:
kippaxchris said:

Clearly you haven't or didn't see the likes of Lee Bradbury, Ged Brannan or Tony Grant to name but 3.....

Haha! Correct!

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Obviously we have played at lower levels and have had some terrible players but at the time we were challenging for top 4 and he couldn't even make a tackle and always backed off from the winger and occasionally moved out the way of the ball like he did when that cross came in and Crouch put Spurs 4th so i would say for the level we were at he is a fair shout for worst City player of all time along with many others<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:33 am --<br /><br />
Big Ernst said:
kippaxchris said:

With me being a City fan i clearly have but they were not signed as superstar Premier League England international players they were bad but what could have really been expected from them? Wayne Bridge on the other hand should have been brilliant

kippaxchris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Obviously we have played at lower levels and have had some terrible players but at the time we were challenging for top 4 and he couldn't even make a tackle and always backed off from the winger and occasionally moved out the way of the ball like he did when that cross came in and Crouch put Spurs 4th so i would say for the level we were at he is a fair shout for worst City player of all time along with many others

He had many good games for us. To say he is up there with the worst city players ever is unjustifiable.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Danny Mills by a country mile.

But to the OP let me ask, your employer offers you X amount per week on a 5 year contract beyond your wildest dreams. You accept.
After 18 months your employer realises you need replacing but you can only find work else where for a lot less. Would you take the vast reduction and go elsewhere or say ''I have a 5 year contract at X amount regardless if you want me or not?''

I know which one I would do!

That's why i said in my post "which is fair enough" but he's still a money player and thats clearly all he cares about and in my honestly i would have moved to Celtic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.