Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

Pride Of Merseyside said:
On his day, along with every other striker in the world, Rooney is the best, and most complete striker.

He's not as good as Drogba, Torres or Villa when they are all on top of their games. He's an excellent striker who had an outstanding season last season but i don't even think he's the best striker in the premiership let alone the world

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

And how do we know that he wasnt just on form for a large part of last season.

One season wonder up to now and will have to do it for a couple more years like Ronaldo did before hes mentioned in the same breath as him and messi

Ever since he left Everton, he slowly started to lose that spark he had that made him special. At first, he was a flamboyant young star, scoring some spectacular goals (i.e Newcastle plus a few very nice strikes/chips etc) and was definitely a big game player (he was instrumental in ending Arsenal's unbeaten run).

Yet he has improved ability wise since. He's better technically, physically and mentally. He's a more frequent goalscorer, albeit scoring easier goals.

He's like Gareth Barry, really good at his role (he's better than Barry btw :) ) but very much un-spectacular. He doesn't have the spark he used to have anymore. He's an incredible player (maybe even world class). But without the spark, he's not the player he could have been.

Failsworth_Blue said:
On his day, along with every other striker in the world, Rooney is the best, and most complete striker.

He's not as good as Drogba, Torres or Villa when they are all on top of their games. He's an excellent striker who had an outstanding season last season but i don't even think he's the best striker in the premiership let alone the world

On par with Villa and Drogba, but Torres is not up alongside the world's best just yet.

Good player. Incredibly overhyped and overrated, but good player nonetheless.

Absolute contemptible wanker though.

mccity said:
Ever since he left Everton, he slowly started to lose that spark he had that made him special. At first, he was a flamboyant young star, scoring some spectacular goals (i.e Newcastle plus a few very nice strikes/chips etc) and was definitely a big game player (he was instrumental in ending Arsenal's unbeaten run).

Yet he has improved ability wise since. He's better technically, physically and mentally. He's a more frequent goalscorer, albeit scoring easier goals.

He's like Gareth Barry, really good at his role (he's better than Barry btw :) ) but very much un-spectacular. He doesn't have the spark he used to have anymore. He's an incredible player (maybe even world class). But without the spark, he's not the player he could have been.

Thats what i think of Rooney, He had the potential to be the best in the world. However because of his nasty streak (nurtured by the rags) and him believing the presses hype its ruined him. Still a very very good player but not as good as he could of been.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.