Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Having removed my blue tints, and folded the home, away and third shirt in their drawer, put the cashmere sky blue and white scarf back in it's box, weighing the rough with the smooth and giving the lad the benefit of a suspect upbringing in Scouseland, I can honestly say - HE'S CRAP!

HERE HERE! BRAVO....

3ln1K.jpg

didactic said:
If Wanye Rooney was "Random Foriegner from Random Nation" he would be considered a good player but never world class. He is not even in the top 10
of strikers. For England Crouch has a better shot/goal ratio.

Drogba. - Quite similar, both world class on their day, 50/50.
Balotelli. - Oh come on now, have you even seen him play yet?.
Robinho. - Not a striker for me plus he's a bottler and doesn't care so no.
Torres. - Top drawer but never fit plus his away record is terrible.
Imbra. - Now people call Rooney overrated!.
Messi. - Messi is better but he's the best there is, Yes
Ronaldo. - Top 2 in the world, Yes
Pato. - Potential but no at the moment, AC would swap Pato for Rooney if they could.
Nilmar. - I have not seen enough of him
Ronaldihno. - Too inconsistent in his prime and definately not now.Tevez. - Similar kind of player but Tevez doesn't offer half as much to a team in terms of build up play and passing.
Adebayor. - Laughable to even suggest it to be honest, No.
Adriano. - Don't be ridiculous, major underachiever.
Raul. - Way past it and has been terrible for the past 7 or 8 years.
Van Nistrooy. - Way past it and offers next to nothing in build up play
Snieder. - Not a Striker
Robben. - " "
Eto`o. - Blows hot and cold but is a good player when on form, Rooney still offers more in build up play.
Henry. - Waaay past it now and has only realy ever been realy good for Arsenal
Off the top of my head (and im on my third pint already) are all better then Rooney. Even Owen in his prime. Take any of the players I mentioned imagine they were born here and played for our national team and the scum with the same players around them. They would score 50 a season. Great players dont have HUGE dips in form. They always score look at Ronaldos stats the Brazilian, Rooney misses too many sitters to ever be called a "great" player.
Are you sure that you have only had 3 beers?.

Skashion said:
Mastes1 said:
Adebayor. - Laughable to even suggest it to be honest, No.
Wonder if you would have said that in 2008 when Adebayor scored twice as many Premier League goals as Rooney.
Well its not 2008 now and it would also depend if you judge a player simply on the amount of goals they score.

He's okay. But this "the new Pele" business that we've had to put up with since he came on the scene is utter bollocks. That's the trouble with english players. We put them on a pedestal before they've earned it. We worship them as the man who is going to do it. Instead of saying 'no, do it first, then we worship'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.