Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

mcfc1996 said:
Quality. His 2 passes for Defoe's 2nd and 3rd goal were top quality. I would have in my team all day long, no doubt.
Yeah which is why i said he offers so much more to a team than just goals.

Mastes1 said:
mcfc1996 said:
Quality. His 2 passes for Defoe's 2nd and 3rd goal were top quality. I would have in my team all day long, no doubt.
Yeah which is why i said he offers so much more to a team than just goals.

And you would be correct

Neil McNab said:
Very average, tremendously over rated. He's the white Heskey with some purple patches as far as goals are concerned. In world terms he is a no mark!

Sorry mate but the guy is class, not saying he's world class but he set up 3 of our goals and played well. We can all hate him as a rag but to deny that he's a cracking player is just plain stupid.

wayne71 said:
Neil McNab said:
Very average, tremendously over rated. He's the white Heskey with some purple patches as far as goals are concerned. In world terms he is a no mark!

Sorry mate but the guy is class, not saying he's world class but he set up 3 of our goals and played well. We can all hate him as a rag but to deny that he's a cracking player is just plain stupid.

He is a good player. He's not a great player. Not my definition of great anyway.

The Fixer said:
Stillsy said:
got to be on a wind up?

Why?

Perfect replacement for scholes, has a cracking shot, scores goals, gets up and down the pitch and cant tackle for toffee!<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 pm --<br /><br />
peacefrog said:
wayne71 said:

He is a good player. He's not a great player. Not my definition of great anyway.

Well we all have our own definitions, personally I'd say Messi was world class and I'd say Milner was a good player, Rooney being somewhere in between.

The Fixer said:
Stillsy said:
got to be on a wind up?

Why?

It doesn't play to his strengths, so what's the point? He has similarities to Scholes yes particularly in his long passing, but the reason Scholes was moved back was largely down to the fact that he didn't really have the pace or physique of a front man, which is probably the most important and ultimately decisive difference between the two.

And he's a very unreliable passer.

wayne71 said:
Neil McNab said:

bulgaria fifa rank #43, two places above the mighty scotland !

Neil McNab said:

Who in the City team is better than Rooney?

He is good against countries that are of a lower league.

Played well tonight, but he cannot do it against the countries that really matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.