Wayne Rooney - how good or bad, bias aside?

Completely over-rated. 90% of his goals last season were free headers or tap-ins. And everyone licks his arse, when he missed that pen last season but scored the rebound, I said to my mate "They'll go on about his presence of mind on MOTD." And they fucking did, crying about how he kept cool when he only had to tap it in the net.

beano46 said:
I just think he is a future Gazza in the making who in years to come will turn up at an Armed Siege with a Cooked Chicken, Fishing Rod a Can of beer and a Dressing Gown, or is that Steven Ireland am thinking of?

Lol,just Lol.

Thenumber1blue said:
Quite simply and always has been the MOST overrated player in the world!

Not read the rest but I would just say overrated. The most overrated goes to Beckham. He is simply good, no more.

Didsbury Dave said:
World class, no doubt in my mind.

His form has been poor for the last few months but that's probably injury/tiredness.

He's one of only 2 or 3 English players who could be considered world class.

I don't agree with you that Rooney is World Class but that is all around opinions. What I am interested in, is finding out who do you think the other two England World Class players are???

Good player , but certainly not a great one ..... usually fails to impress when he's really needed , and the better the defender the less impact he has ...... that's when the worst of his game sets in .. the frustration!

He's a quality player at domestic level and, on his day, he can look unstoppable.

However, there's definitely a touch of the Graeme Hick's about him - he still needs to prove he's not a "flat-track bully".

He's now played in 2 World Cups, and 2 Champion's League Finals, and done fuck all in every one.

He's okay. Had a great season last season, but not doing aswell so far in the early stages of this one. Not fussed either way though. He goes missing in big games.

stumpy_mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
World class, no doubt in my mind.

His form has been poor for the last few months but that's probably injury/tiredness.

He's one of only 2 or 3 English players who could be considered world class.

I don't agree with you that Rooney is World Class but that is all around opinions. What I am interested in, is finding out who do you think the other two England World Class players are???

Rooney himself has admitted that he falls 'some way' short of world class right now ......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.