We all die eventually

Banned Tosspot

It's gonna get us one day.

Is there a point to life?

Why do we chase money or brag about having a bigger penis than others? Why do we continue to have children when there's global warming and terrorism going on? What ever happened to Kajagoogoo?

When you're dead, you're dead.

Why do we chase money or brag about having a bigger penis than others? Why do we continue to have children when there's global warming and terrorism going on? What ever happened to Kajagoogoo?

Have you got any pots to wash?

Look on it as a holiday camp.Some only get to stay the long weekend while others manage a week while some lucky dudes get the full fortnight all inclusive.Effectively it's just a processing plant.But at the other end of the equation some poor people never get an opportunity to come on holiday at all and I quote a passage from Professor Dawkins used a few year back at a family funeral.

“We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.