we are looking abroad for players hooray !!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaundickov said:
OB1 said:
Kompany speaks superb English and plenty of overseas players do but lack of English hasn't stopped Robbie making an impact and he was directing his team mates from the off.

Congratulations you've ignored what I said and come up with more individual examples. Look at our overall team spirit/morale at the moment.

Are we gelling as a team?

Are Aston Villa?

I want a team that cant speak English, because the more players that cannot understand our managers poor excuse for tatics the more chance we have of winning a match!!

shaundickov said:
OB1 said:
Kompany speaks superb English and plenty of overseas players do but lack of English hasn't stopped Robbie making an impact and he was directing his team mates from the off.

Congratulations you've ignored what I said and come up with more individual examples. Look at our overall team spirit/morale at the moment.

Are we gelling as a team?

Are Aston Villa?

I don't believe nationality or the ability to speak English, or otherwise, is the greatest determinant by any means in team spirit and morale. I agree with Gordon Strachan who I'm sure said something along the lines that the best thing for team building (in terms of togetherness etc) is winning games. Arsene Wenger said something very recently to the effect that there's no evidence to support the idea that a team has to be full of good mates to be successful.

I think the personality and technical ability of each player is far more important than their country of origin etc. We could have a team full of Scots and probably have a fantastic team spirit and lots of fight to start with but still be rubbish because of a lack of technical ability (that's an extreme generalisation, of course).

City have more than enough players who speak English and if someone like Robbie ain't good for team spirit, it will have nothing to do with his language skills.

I dont see the nationality being that detrimental to a team nowadays, there are top teams all over the world sprinkled with foreign players and usually a percentage of them find the native language difficult.

Team morale starts at the top and as the OP asked.....where is the list that Hughes and Cook had us believe was floating around somewhere and Cook even announced that there would be a surprise or two?

The only surprise so far is that we have added only 1 player and there is no other players even close to a deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.