We are the best team in the league...

Something to think about. Peps right hand man in our 100 season was Domonec(sp) and we played everyone off the park. He went on to NYCFC last season and Mikel took over and even though we still won the league it was a very, very close run thing and, let's face it, we didn't play as well. This year we have carried on where we left of last season and with injuries we are struggling. Mikel has now left and we looked a different team yesterday. More like champions.

I also noticed we have set up differently as well. Almost like 2 at the back with Mendy, Berni, Gundog and Kyle sat in front. This looks to have strengthened our defence. Apart from Vardy yesterday Leicester really didn't look to much of a threat.

So in a nutshell, Arteta leaves and we look much improved.
Interesting.

So in a nutshell, Arteta leaves and we look much improved.
Interesting.

never took to Arteta so I hope you're right, wasn't impressed with his input when Pep served his ban. I'm not suggesting a manager needs to be an out and out extrovert (read gobshite) but it doesn't work for me if he's as introverted as Arteta seems to be

The quality of the performance yesterday confirmed Man City have the best squad in the Premier League. If Laporte was fit, and Van Dijk injured, LFC would be 3rd and Man City 1st.

Injuries are part and parcel of football. At the moment we have to accept that Liverpool have the best XI. That changes when Laporte returns. When he does, there will nbe little to choose between the sides but I prefer City because of the depth of quality throughout the playing squad.

I wish we could enjoy the rivalry, but LFC have an unbelievable number of trolls in their support who pollute the internet. It is inexplicable. It's perhaps a reaction to extreme parochialism, whatever they seem to ruin every public football forum.

Pointless thread.
We’re 11 points behind the dippers and they’ve got a game in hand. They also beat us. We’ve been at the shitty end of a few decisions but we didn’t deserve to win all the games we lost. If the decisions had balanced out we’d still be well behind. Injuries have fucked us over more than VAR.
We might have had the best one off performance but that means jack shit over a season. It pains me to say that the best team are the ones at the top.

We were 7 pts behind them in January and won. So, it's one thing being well behind them and another being 14 pts because of being on the end of shitty decisions and them being lucky on several occasions. We didn't deserve to win games we lost but they didn't deserve to win so many games either. Those shitty decisions put the team under enormous pressure and robbed us of the chance to beat them to the title again.

I'm always optimistic where City are concerned; most of us who have supported them for a long time have had to be! I still think we can win the league and will continue to do so until it's mathematically impossible. Even if we don't win it, I'll enjoy watching our sumptuous football, which is what the OP was driving at.

Glad I'm not one of the doom and gloom merchants that pollute the Matchday threads.

Got to be pretty mental to think we’ll win the rest of our games. We’re not good enough to do that this season.
There is only one big weakness in this side, and it's temporary. I believe and hope that Laoprte will return in 4 weeks. He'll then need 3-4 weeks to get back to his best, and them we will fly. That is my hope and has been ever since he was injured. We've been playing damage limitation ever since.

so you're expecting a side who haven't lost in the league since Jesus was a lad to lose 2 of their next 4 games AT LEAST? or to fail to win any of them? I think you need to have a quiet word with yourself

Have you seen how that team won some of those games?

Draws killed Liverpool last season, they have had some luck or skill if you like to eke out results from some poor performances instead this season, but there have been plenty of games that could have had different outcomes.

Last season we were smoothly going about an unbeaten season and then lost two on the trot, shit can happen.

So have a quiet word with yourself.

We are the best team in the league, despite the injuries, the dodgy VAR decisions and the unbelievable luck Liverpool have had this season we will still finish at least second this season convincingly ahead of third place.

Whatever happens this season blues, just remember we've still not had the best season we've ever had... its still to come.

Absolutely - the difference between a City fan and a Dipper is that we have seen, over the last three seasons the most fantastic level of football ever served up on an English ground. Liverpool are besotted with the number of bits of metalware they are on the end of and will not put together a team that could have matched yesterday's City show. VAR has been their 'friend' in the same way Old Mother Riley was oft MANUre's saviour and salvation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.