We are the best team in the league...

If every team in the league could play at their 100% maximum every game, we wouldn't drop a point all season. It doesn't work like that though. We are where we are because of injuries but also poor planning and in my opinion, a degree of arrogance, thinking that we could lose Kompany last summer, not replace him and get by, because well, we are just that good.

Liverpool deserve to be top, yes they get a lot of decisions in their favour but you don't sit top of the tree on 49 points from 17 games because you've had a few decisions go your way. I said a couple of months ago, when things were a lot closer, that we are the best team but Liverpool don't have to be better than us to win the title, they just have to be more consistent at beating the other 18 teams in the league. That is exactly how it is panning out, look at who has beaten us this season. Anyone can lose at Anfield (we do it more than most) but the other dross? Unforgivable for this side.

We are where we deserve to be at the moment. Liverpool are having the season we had in our centurion one, walking the league and well in front of their nearest rivals. This relieves the pressure on them as it did us and allows them to play without fear as they could lose three games and still be comfortably in front.

Individually and collectively we just haven't been good enough in too many games. Forget losing to the rags and Liverpool, dropping points to Norwich, Spurs, Wolves and Newcastle just wasn't acceptable. That's another ten points thrown away and if we hadn't we would have still been right in contention. I'd like to think we could make some inroads but our ridiculous schedule of playing two high intensity games, Wolves and Sheffield United in 24 hours I fear will set us back even further.

Our only hope is Liverpool injuries to their key men and the luck going against them for a few games. The table doesn't lie and Liverpool are the best team at the moment as much as it pains me to say it.

You think Leicester are better than City? I doubt Brendan Rodgers or any of the fans who watched Man City v Leicester would agree.
We are 3rd so therefore we are the 3rd best, consistency comes into the equation imo, you can play the best football which we do but it's no good without consistency

Pointless thread.
We’re 11 points behind the dippers and they’ve got a game in hand. They also beat us. We’ve been at the shitty end of a few decisions but we didn’t deserve to win all the games we lost. If the decisions had balanced out we’d still be well behind. Injuries have fucked us over more than VAR.
We might have had the best one off performance but that means jack shit over a season. It pains me to say that the best team are the ones at the top.
The truth.

Just checked the odds. We are 1/6 to win the league - a 16 percent chance.

Liverpool drop points this week and that will be 1/5 maybe?

I am started to believe again! Just a little.

Liverpool's next 7 games -

Leicester (2nd)
Wolves (6th)
Sheffield United(5th)
Everton FA Cup
Spurs (away)
United
Wolves (away)

If we're going to get let back in, it's now or never. We absolutely have to win all of our fixtures in that period (Wolves, Sheffield, Wolves, Everton, Villa, Palace, Sheffield) and just hope that the fixture congestion, travelling to Qatar etc. Catches up with them.

The main thing is that if they lose once, they will start dropping points more often IMO - the bubble will burst a bit like it did with us in 2017/18.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.