'We have a squad capable of top 6 at least'

Mayor West

NO WE BLOODY DONT!

i have heard this many a time readng through these forums. you only have to compare us to Everton who definatley (although thread bare) have a top 6 team. would you choose our players in respective positons over Joseph Yobo, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Leigthon Baines, Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Feillani, Yakubu, even Tim Howard?

I know we have to be a bit biased some times but we do not have a squad anywhere near capable of finishing top 6. Top 10 if we are lucky.

Godfather said:
NO WE BLOODY DONT!

i have heard this many a time readng through these forums. you only have to compare us to Everton who definatley (although thread bare) have a top 6 team. would you choose our players in respective positons over Joseph Yobo, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Leigthon Baines, Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Feillani, Yakubu, even Tim Howard?

I know we have to be a bit biased some times but we do not have a squad anywhere near capable of finishing top 6. Top 10 if we are lucky.

You my friend have made my day! good post!

Godfather said:
NO WE BLOODY DONT!

Well we had a squad capable of 9th last year & we've spent more than any other team in the Prem on strengthening (£80 million of talent added), so why shouldn't we be capable of top 8 at least?

Cheesy said:
Godfather said:
NO WE BLOODY DONT!

Well we had a squad capable of 9th last year & we've spent more than any other team in the Prem on strengthening (£80 million of talent added), so why shouldn't we be capable of top 8 at least?

and it will take another £100 million to get in to the top six!

Top ten if lucky?

How do you explain last season then?

With minus £80m of talent.

What a ridiculous argument.

Is it a squad worthy of the top 17 or do we need another £100m spent before we can dream of that?

i explain last season by having a different manager who plays a different style of football. the players sven bought obviuosly dont like playing the way hughes wants to play, so get them out, not hughes.

Godfather said:
NO WE BLOODY DONT!

at this point we can only dream of top 10....we need leadership from the dressing room....the gifted one maybe....and from the pitch....Stevie Ireland.....then things may start to work out

Godfather said:
i explain last season by having a different manager who plays a different style of football. the players sven bought obviuosly dont like playing the way hughes wants to play, so get them out, not hughes.

This season we have a new manager who plays a different style of football (sound familiar?. MH had far longer to get in the type of player he wants than Sven did. Your argument doesn't hold up at all.

Godfather said:

So the manager is a shit, one trick pony who is so flawed at management tht he can only work with players that he has bought and is such a clown that in six months he turns the exisitng players against him/

That sounds shrewd. Lets give him a ten year contract then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.