We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

HelloCity

The amount of negativity from our fans about City at the moment is absolutely staggering, and during a time where we're literally living the greatest era in the club's history.

I can think of only Arsenal at the moment where the fans talk about their own club with such distain. I rarely ever see or hear United fans talk about their club with the venom and malice which has developed amongst a large section of our support. I've never heard a United fan say a bad word about Mourinho since he joined.

You think all those negative media articles and news stories have no impact but they do. They create a mood of negativity, something which festers in the back of the mind. It means you'll be set alight more easily at the slightest mishap or mistake.

The club isn't perfect and it never will be. They make mistakes and they will make mistakes in the future as well. I find a lot of the problems I have about City are the results of my problems with elements of modern football. We're not alone with a lot of our concerns about prices, corporates, fan engagement etc.

Unfortunately it seems that some of us have become professional Manchester City critics rather than Manchester City supporters.

People can't wait to have a moan about the slightest thing, and it's sad. I even saw people on this forum yesterday saying we've had a shit transfer window yesterday after we've spent £200 million+ on several top class players. Some plonker on Twitter saying we've ruined Denayer's career because we made him sign a contract and then loaned him out. The only reason he's not better than Van Dyke right now apparently.

Comments like this after the CL draw "Forgive me for not jumping with glee at not being in a group of death, but I'm still not convinced Pep knows his best XI from game to game" - After we've played 2 matches with 1 change where the number 1 left back is out injured. How on earth that could be your instant reaction or thought to a CL draw is well beyond my way of thinking.

The way some of us speak about the manager, players and people behind the scenes is frightening. It's almost hatred and resentful at times. Every mistake by manager, player or club isn't an excuse to go straight for the throat

The bottom line is that if you're not happy now then you will never ever be happy.

1) If you think this is bad then you should have been around in the 80s and 90s

2) We have underperformed for the last 3 years

3) Who gives a shit what United fans think about anything?

Moaning is liberating , I'm not in search of happiness . City suit me
victor-meldrew-meme-1443798651-custom-0.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.