We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

Thats a fucking disgrace,probably the type who thrives on us actually playing poorly or actually losing for the sole reason to complain and be abusive.

For some it seems a perk of the match fee that they have a divine right to insult the players at will. I understand frustration 'in the moment' but some people do not have any filter.

As frustrating as football can be, at times, its never been more enjoyable watching these players. Its a mystery what satisfaction they get from the whole experience.

5 lads in the row in front of me left on 68 mins , more interested in having a pint in town , no idea why they even go to the games .

For some it seems a perk of the match fee that they have a divine right to insult the players at will. I understand frustration 'in the moment' but some people do not have any filter.

As frustrating as football can be, at times, its never been more enjoyable watching these players. Its a mystery what satisfaction they get from the whole experience.
Agreed,we all get frustrated but good god it’s as if they turn up hoping to see us as I wrote play poorly or getting beat to vent their anger,wouldn’t surprise me they go home slightly disappointed when we win having played well it’s staggering...

Ridiculous isnt it. Many of them are not even in a rush to finish their pints to watch the match.

I think the football has almost become secondary to the social aspect for some. I went for a piss after our third goal on saturday and there were around 20 lads still drinking in the back of SS3 no doubt having missed all 3 goals.

I think the football has almost become secondary to the social aspect for some. I went for a piss after our third goal on saturday and there were around 20 lads still drinking in the back of SS3 no doubt having missed all 3 goals.

I sit in SSL3 and have witnessed the same. The match has become part of a routine for some, something they have always done but possibly now without the same enjoyment or importance. Its not even a good pint is it? .

Could understand it years ago , the social part of going to the match was all we had, lost count of the times we said after a great day out only the 90 minutes ruined it .
Now , what happens on the pitch is so much more important to me , I'm tense , nervous, kick every ball & unfortunately less forgiving with a poor pass lol but these morons who turn up late , leave at 38 to get a pint , come back late & fuck off at 68 mins ...why ? Just watch it in the fucking pub .

After sane scored I turned to one of them and said" lucky he was greedy German bastard then". Repeating his words of two minutes previously.
I probably should have kept my mouth shut as it was a little provocative, but I do feel protective of our players when they are being abused, by our so called supporters. The abuse Sterling received was particularly sad. 53 years I have watched City and in my wildest dreams I never thought I would be watching such a fantastic group of players.
Very well said, mate.

I sit in SSL3 and have witnessed the same. The match has become part of a routine for some, something they have always done but possibly now without the same enjoyment or importance. Its not even a good pint is it? .
That's a really sad thought. If my love for City diminished like that, a part of me would die inside. We all have ups and downs with our interest levels, based on so many contrasting factors, but for me, they've been utterly central to my life for the last 41 years. I can't imagine it being any other way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.